Have you ever played (or would you play) a real-life "Escape room" game?

Not exactly, but this one located in 4 towns could be of your interest? :smiling_imp:

1 Like
2 Likes

Trapped inside a crypt where sacrilege has just been committed

Sounds a lot like this…

@PiecesOfKate, great find! I would have been very surprised if there wasn´t one!

1 Like

The italian name of such games is a reference to the 1976 movie “murder by death”, which italian title is “Invito a cena con delitto”.

4 Likes

I love that movie, it’s full of nonsense. :slight_smile: A similar one is “Clue”, in which my favorite comedy actress, Madeline Kahn, has a role.

3 Likes

Both movies are wonderful send-ups of the whodunnit genre!

1 Like

Hah, that one is very reminiscent of the single greatest movie scene of all time!

1 Like

Did he shoot first?

1 Like

Yes but in the SE the swordsman carries a walkie-talkie instead of a sword.

1 Like

It’s not an escape room game but maybe it’s somewhat related:
Last year I’ve seen The Dark Room at AdventureX
Here is the video:

It’s a “live-action video game” and it’s not really about solving puzzles, but it’s somewhat a bridge between real video games and live-action games like escape rooms games.
The whole audience participates in the game, often by shouting what to do next.
I though it was fun!

Wow, it looks cool!!

Escape Rooms, in my opinion, were influenced by this game, 999, in which you are trapped in who-knows-where and must seek a way out, otherwise you will die.
Here is the first puzzle:

1 Like

Escape rooms are my real passion. Mostly I like the rooms provided by this provider . I’d really recommend this for a fun, different activity with friends , family (as long as you get on!) and teams. The puzzles are clever and tricky