Hints for LucasArts games

Of course they don’t have to, I just thought that was more likely.

1 Like

It´s what we learn at school. But just from the consumption of english speaking media, I would say the american english weighs out the british english by quite a bit. So by this point I may be more accustomed to the american variant to an extend.

2 Likes

Yes, I would agree with that. Especially if you work with computers you have to deal with American English only (or mostly).

Yep, definitely. Over here too. I’m forever correcting Americanisations at work. With that particular example it really adds to the confusion too, because the verb and noun are the other way round.

I’m sure she said “on Sundays”.
:face_with_monocle:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Because she would speak half german, or?

1 Like

Are you calling me Frenzie?
Favoring my Dutch friend’s name over mine in our colorful dialog! Now that’s what I’d call taking a poetic license!

:upside_down_face:

there are some words which you can spell with a z (US) or an s (UK) - but I can’t think of one right now… or I would have thrown it in for good measure too

2 Likes

Oh, sorry! :laughing: I was in a rush when I replied to that.

1 Like

I figured!

So, how is MI2 progressing? Need any hints? :smile:

Not yet :smile: I’m really enjoying it. It’s opened up a lot but there’s lots to investigate, and I have all sorts of funky items in my inventory, tee hee.

1 Like

well enjoy it… this must be generally accepted as THE best part in THE best game.

2 Likes

You should realise that to criticize is a pointless exercise. :wink:

and yes I spelled one of them with a z

3 Likes

It’s helpful when you get back to the game after some time, e.g. when you can only play on weekends or even more infrequent.

People requested even some kind of flashbacks when resuming a game after some while (“What happened last time in Thimbleweed Park…”). That may be one reason Ron added those ToDo lists (and even this current implementation was a lot of work).

Like ‘hasard azzezzment’? :smiley:

3 Likes

You know, the first time I’ve seen you on this forum, I thought that your name derived from… her!

Yeah, it’s a funny coincidence :smile:

Actually, she was named after me.

1 Like

But why did you think she was a guy, though? :thinking:

Pissa with friez makes me think of you guyz.

3 Likes

It was after she had written something here, I got confused and thought she was a male.

1 Like

Pissa with friez makez me zhiver.
Don’t remind me of this monßtroßity! (I’ve nearly successfully suppressed my memory of it :slightly_smiling_face:.)

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I rezizted the urge to pozt a picture of it thiz week when I had both leftover pissa and friez in the fridge for lunch.

Hmmm… I bet the forum would love it if I combined theze two!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes