Hints for LucasArts games

Ahhh, got it!

grafik

2 Likes

I thought it was a reminiscence to the Netscape Navigator Browser… :smiley:

Hmmm, yeah but part of the N hides behind the “horizon” there.

grafik

I thought that too!

1 Like

Yesterday there was a soccer match: NAPOLI vs. JUVENTUS
The teams were positioned second and first in the ranking table, with 4 points of difference.

…and NAPOLI won the match, and now it’s second with only one point less than JUVENTUS, hence our beloved Gffp was out of the grace of God for the victory :wink:

Seems he still is. :wink:

Yes, but a very similar font (and symbol).

It’s interesting to see who still knows what the Netscape Navigator is/was … :wink:

4 Likes

I still use it. It’s at version 59 now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Actually “still” isn’t the right word. I used IE up to and including version 6, switched to Opera for a decade, and switched to Netscape’s codename around 2014.

1 Like

Exactly because the browser was rewritten (at that time). So Firefox isn’t Netscape. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Netscape, Dial Up connection, AOL CD, CRT Monitor, that fancy iMac which was halftransparent cyan, Windows 95, Brian Enos opening sound for Windows 95, Corel Draw, Kai´s Power Goo, usenet, yahoo mailing lists, the labrador, altavista, geocities, the dancing baby/banana, afterdark screensaver with the flying toasters, that starfield, adori online shop, IRC, Commodore promising to keep up…

Oh yes, the 90s…

1 Like

[quote="Someone, post:47, topic:2565, full:true

It’s interesting to see who still knows what the Netscape Navigator is/was … :wink:
[/quote]

Been my very very first internet browser. 1995. Sigh.

Ha! My first browser was Mosaic on a Sun system. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know what that is. I came to the internet veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery late. I was stuck on fidonet bbs’s till the end of the 90es. Internet was just a fancy fashion for hipsters, back then.

One of the first browsers, older than Netscape:

I feel old :older_man:t2:

2 Likes

Hint: We are old. :wink:

1 Like

Amidst an abysmally shitty weekend, I finally finished The Secret of Monkey Island. Actually once I got past that ghost-with-grog bit I flew through it (thanks for the hints).

I’ll post my thoughts soon.

3 Likes

Somebody who doesn´t want to be named missed you a teenie-weenie bit and is sorry to hear this, too. :crying_cat_face:

:slight_smile: Great!

1 Like

And Someone missed you too! (If you would like to talk about it, you know where I and Milan are… :slight_smile: )

Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks :cry: Had some bad news that left me feeling a bit hopeless. But being back on here is cheering me up.

So what should I play next?

• Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge
  • Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
  • Labyrinth
  • We Happy Few
  • Inside
0 voters

I think there will be some bias towards the top two :wink: