Hints for LucasArts games

I haven’t played the other games (yet) but Loom has a simple story: Hero travels through the world to save the world. The locations and the UI are a little bit unusual. But the story itself is simple.

Here again: I have only played the fist part of the series. And beside that the journey was indeed long the game had a basic story - again, in an unusual setting. I can’t remember any great plot twists.

Well if you boil it down like that…

If you want to play just one of those, let it be the Cat Lady! It´s amazing!

But don’t you boiled MI down in that way too? :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s still on my list. Like Oxenfree, the two Longest Journey chapters, … Argh, I really need more spare time!

I’ve been enjoying MI2 but now I’m stuck :slightly_smiling_face:

Just to start with, can someone please answer this question with a yes or no:

At the ship where the men of low moral fibre are hanging out, do I need to get the mouse in the box? (I’ve propped it open with a stick)

Oh! I think I’ve figured out why it’s not working… Cheese squigglies :smile:

It’s always when you write out a question that the answer comes :laughing:

1 Like

Uh…yes! :smiley:

1 Like

Gaaaah. I must’ve tried every item with that pile of spit except the paper (until now)…

Overall though, so far I’m finding MI2 easier than MI1.

It´s way longer though and gets quite convoluted later on, while MI1 is more streamlined.

Hm, be interesting to see how it pans out then. Maybe it’s sucking me into a false sense of security!

Yeah, don´t be deceived by the first act where the difficulty is on the low end of the curve. It´s a bit different than Thimbleweed Park that way.

1 Like

That means you haven’t gotten very far then :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Probably you’re still in Part 1. Wait until you reach Part 2, which is the best imo.

1 Like

Are you playing the classic edition or the special one?

That’s a trick question… there being only a single correct answer.

1 Like

She said she was quite fond of the new graphics of the first one actually, but then again she posted a pic of the classic mode graphics today praising them, so she might have gone with that.

But I´m obviously not her, so I wouldn´t know.

Obviously she is playing the Ultimate Talkie Edition as there doesn’t exist any other one.

Yep. Just one more thing to acquire to leave Scabb Island (AFAIK - shh).

I’m playing the SE but keep toggling between classic graphics and remastered. I want to play it how it was meant to be played, but the graphics are so much clearer in the remastered mode (especially on a big monitor).

I really like how the verb/inventory controls work in the remastered version too. Very efficient.

1 Like

I toggled between the two modes a lot when I played the special editions, quite possibly in each and every room.

How do they work? I mean, it’s been almost a decade…

I’ve been doing that a lot. It feels smoother moving around in SE mode, but when I’m still I like to see how things look in the old style - plus it’s interesting comparing.

Right-click, then move the cursor left or right between the default suggested options. I guess that kind of gives the player a clue, though, as it only presents the ‘useful’ options. It does a similar thing if you click the scroll wheel to bring up the inventory - it suggests what to do with the item and you can select an option. It’s a bit hand-holdy, but it’s much easier.

My amiga graphics for the first MI didn´t have inventory icons. Just words.

So I didn´t grow up with:

grafik

And the like. I guess only with MI2 everyone had icons.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure the PC version I played first didn’t either.

Oh yeah, I meant to add that the 10 Adventures collection didn´t have them either, which is why I saw the icons the first time when I played the SE (and was surprised to see them still there when I toggled classic mode)