Hints for LucasArts games

It’s been so long. Didn’t like the remastered SE graphics style for MI1, but MI2 wasn’t actually that bad. The UI was atrocious in both cases, however. So I basically played with the original graphics (and I didn’t really register that MI1 had inventory icons instead of nouns). In any case, for both games, the Amiga versions are still the definitive edition for me :slight_smile:.

Also, I got stuck once in MI2, despite having finished it multiple times before. But I could no longer make head or tail of “if this is 4, then that is …”.

1 Like

I think we all had a though time with that one! But let’s not give any hints on that one, so @PiecesOfKate can solve it on her own as a rite of passage.

1 Like

Mhhh…:thinking:

1 Like

Only the CD-ROM-VGA, the FM-Towns and the Sega MegaCD versions of Monkey Island I had icons. They were introduced with Monkey Island 2 and Indy 4 (SCUMM V5).

Were they retroactively added AFTER Monkey 2?

Yes. Monkey Island 2 was developed at the same time they “ported” Monkey Island I to the CD-ROM and FM Towns. So they used SCUMM V5 for these ports and drew new icons for the inventory.

The “Monkey Island 1” CD-ROM was released in 1992 while Monkey Island 2 was released in 1991.

2 Likes

:question: Monkey Island 2 help

Spoilers!

Argh. I was doing quite well on my own but I’m stuck on getting the last thing for the voodoo lady - the thread.

I think I need to get some laundry, or possibly muddy some clean laundry with the mud and spit I have, plus some grog.

I know I need to do something at the woodcutters, but I can’t put the two together. Thankfully I’ve forgotten what was said about it on here when I read a few spoilers :laughing:

Do I maybe need him to make me a peg leg, to look older to get the grog?

As I don’t like big spoilers, to start with can someone just tell me if the assumptions I’ve made are correct?

Thanking ye!

I’ll probably go and solve it now that I’ve asked!

Concentrate on the mud and forget about those other things you said.

1 Like

Do I need to use the mud on the laundry (once I’ve acquired it)?

Yes/no/false assumption

(or maybe laundry is the wrong word?)

This! :point_up: You have to “produce” some laundry first with the mud. Make something laundry that isn´t, yet.

1 Like

In my memory… oh… never mind!

1 Like

Heeeeeyyyyy, how was he more helpful than I was? :angry:

1 Like

Thinking about it logically, it would make sense if I had to get a ticket from Largo to pick up some of his laundry, so I could get his clothing.

I was reserving a reply for you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I wasn’t. She just liked my reply better :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes. But you need to walk before you can run.

At the moment I’m steadily bum-shuffling.

Figured it out after I wrote that! Yay! Bucket o’ mud on the door.

2 Likes

Great, and this is encouraging you now, is it?

Sure… :smirk:

You have to think, though if Largo has any laundry currently or if you have to help out with that at first.

And then you can think about the ticket, too.

#saturdaynightsyay

1 Like

2 Likes

I figured it out! The first bit anyway. Edited my post above for timing.

1 Like