(Illegal?) Thimbleweed Park immaterial game selling

Better watch out for people trying to exploit your math skills…

2 Likes

Not if you can resell it multiple times. :blush:
I use the same Steam account in my iMac, my PC, my MacBook. But I haven’t paid 3 times for the games. That means i could have gained at least 2 times the sum spent for each game if I managed to resell it to other people, still keeping a copy for myself. But it could be more, I don’t know what is (if there is) the maximum number of devices you can use with the same steam account.

DISCLAIMER: this behavior is illegal, don’t do this at home.

Seems to be quite a common pastime, here… :blush:

This place is full of people who are seriously into computers, so this shouldn´t be a surprise. :wink:

Actually I’ve always thought that using computers unteaches you maths, or at least the ability of calculating with your mind.
:wink:
http://downlode.org/Etext/power.html

If anyone tries this, hopefully, the first buyer changes his password and email address of that account immediately.

Makes sense, yes.

I shouldn´t be talking, the only thing I´m worse at than math is conversation…so…eh…bleh…

This is a good point. But why being so selfish? :smiley: A software pirate shares…

3 Likes

I agree about the ability of doing calculations but depending on how you use a computer, it can be an incredibly powerful tool to improve your understanding of math and your ability to find clever solutions to a problem or nifty algorithms that are based on math.

I agree. That was just a joke and an excuse to introduce that Asimov’s quote

Very true. Just yesterday I learned about the Intersecting Chords Theorem precisely because I needed a way to figure out the center point of a circle of unknown size. Prior to yesterday, I was aware that chords existed, but never had any reason to use them to solve a problem. Trying to develop a calibration function gave me a reason to learn about chords in the first place, and computers also made it possible to visualize the math and start working on a solution. I’ve also been learning about vector math for very similar reasons.