Thimbleweed Merch

Have you only got the box and nothing else? If the price of the content is low, then chances are high that you don’t have to pay the duty/taxes. Have a look at the official site of the German custom office (link goes to a German page but you can switch to an English version at the top):

http://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Postsendungen-Internetbestellungen/Sendungen-aus-einem-Nicht-EU-Staat/Zoll-und-Steuern/Internetbestellungen/internetbestellungen_node.html

I assume that in your case the custom office thought that the value of the box and the added shipping costs were below 22 Euros.

Hehe, in that case my whole family would be on a watchlist. :wink:

Isn´t that how this works, though? Everyone who is close to you or in any way, shape or form has been in touch with you, like on the internet…oh shit! :scream:

1 Like

wanting that book and the Thimblecon shirt.

Yes, that’s right. Aaa, I see now.

Exactly, 22 euros is the limit. Below that, no duties are charged.
Hope Fangamer will fill the paperwork giving the box one third of its value :laughing:

I hope this is a joke. I cant be sure though since I ppl told me similiar things in all seriousness.
Just looking at conversion rates is bollocks.

We all know what conversion rate is, come on. No need to discuss it, and no need to be rude.

Anyway six months ago the rate was 1:1, so if prices of goods and services in the USA haven’t globally raised of 20% in half an year, then Zak’s calculations aren’t so wrong…
Anyway they seem more accurate than yours, pal :wink:

Ehm… You can just buy them? :slight_smile:

https://www.fangamer.com/collections/thimbleweed-park

Well… try googling “EUR/USD” by yourself.
If I purchase $100, I pay around €80.
It’s like having a 20% off on the grand total.

Then I suggest that we all order in Russia: 100 Euros are 6912 RUB at the moment. :wink:

1 Like

Amateur. I’ve invested all my money in Indonesian Rupies, 16,000 for 1dollar at the moment

2 Likes

Russia, USA…can anyone even tell the difference anymore?!

For the records: Fangamer shipped from the US. On the invoice they listed every single feelie that is in the box - without the values. As I haven’t watched the unboxing video, it was “funny” to explain the officer that I had no idea, what these beeping things are and where they are in the parcel. To make it much more funny, the bottom of the invoice named a price - but not the correct one. After 30 minutes we both (the officer and I) gave up and guessed the value. So I had to pay round about 16 Euros for duty and taxes.

So, please, Fangamer, just list the correct prices of the correct things that you ship.

1 Like

This sounds fair, I guess he could have sent it back too without proper invoice.

I know you didn’t mean it this way but yes: Russia is one of the cheapest markets to buy video games.

https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/879496274579468288

1 Like

Come on damn DHL, are you sleeping??

Allow them a few days.
Here is my current one:

WOWOWOWOW!!! It’s arrived in Italy!!!

Wowowow… mine wasn´t touched the last 4 days…:cry:

There should be another tracking number from DHL, don’t remember which one on the right side of the screen, but it’s tracking was very accurate.

You are right. But I can´t find anything with them…

Guess I was lucky.

Here in Switzerland it’s usually if you stay under $50 for shipping and goods, you don’t have to pay customs so I ordered in multiple packages as $12 shipping is cheaper than the CHF 25 I would need to pay for customs.

I also had no issue with my backer box, luckyly. I’ve no bought all the merch available except another box (which I’m considering getting for XMas from someone as I don’t want to open my backer box) and the art book which I made my brother order for me.

Not sure what fangamer put as value.