I'm Jumping Ship

We have done it for years already. :wink: But sure, I don’t have a :crystal_ball:.

Same here! :smiley:

1 Like

This forum and the game will have new life once the Italian dubbing is complete.

That means by early 2022 probably :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

But what if it days in the time between?

Zombie Forum? :zombie:

1 Like

Well, I proposed a TWP Game Jam :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t see the harm if people are still having fun here. I don’t think the devs have much involvement, but the fact that you asked a question and actually got an answer from Ron Gilbert seems worth the price of admission to me. Sure some weirdos will go off topic, but that’s just par for the course on the internet. As opposed to the average forum/comments section I’ve found the users to almost always be respectful, intelligent, and funny… and worthy of wasting all of my free time. :slight_smile:
Best of luck to you and your game development!

Yes, and its things like your fan podcast and the Thimbleweed RPG that have kept this forum interesting… long past when we’ve all finished playing TWP and there’s only so many times you can beat a :skull_and_crossbones: :horse_racing:

5 Likes

Well, we slowed down the operations, but not so much :joy::joy:

3 Likes

A lot of you make valid points. I’ve come here late in the day. I got TWP less than 2 weeks ago whereas you guys were onboard from the off, I wish I was. I had issues in my life that stopped me from joining the KS at the time (I lost my home),

I’ve got an idea, what if we discussed our dream projects - games we w

ould love to see. Personally a sequel to the British graphic adventure classic B.A.S.S would be awesome.

If I were to suggest a game for Ron, I would love to see him do a Pirate graphic adventure but fill it with different characters. Throw in a bunch of what would have been in MI 3 say, but just change each character to one that was similar but not the same. He could do that! without issues because the new IP would be his from the get-go as long as he didn’t use anything specifically MI he could effectively do anything he wanted.

You could have a new guybrush type character you could have a nemesis like Le Chuck but looks a bit different I mean how many films have ripped of Treasure Island and other influences. I am sure I read somewhere that they were influenced by On Stranger Tides (excellent read by the way), a whole new pirate graphic adventure would be good.

Or a graphic adventure about a Wizard, I think there is something special about Wizardry and Pirates as themes for me. I grew up watching Pirate things and reading stories about Pirates.

1 Like

I’d love to see more from the Thimbleweed Park universe, I think it has huge potential. In particular I would like to see the connection with Maniac Mansion expanded (there are few references in TWP). That would be a sort of dream project for me.

I get the feeling that we might not see anything pirate related from Ron. I can see the internet mob cursing because it’s about pirates but it’s not monkey island…

People keep joking that they´d rather see a bootleg version than nothing. You know The Secret of Inky Mowland or something. But I bet they´d hate it.

1 Like

I wasn’t meaning a bootlet. I meant a new graphic adventure featuring funny pirate antics just without the legal issues associated with the MI ip. And if we are talking titles, I was working on a graphic adventure for the Amiga in the mid 90s, The Monkey of Secret Island. :wink:

Never finished it, but I think any graphic adventure with Pirates and Humour would be ace.

Like this?

2 Likes

:joy:

but… is it good? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s Ok. And from Bill Tiller.

That looks good, but… you can’t underestimate what Ron and others put into MI though, I mean the humour for a start I think that was what set them apart from most other graphic adventures.

Or this?

http://www.application-systems.co.uk/nellycootalot/

Ok, Ok, it’s a female pirate. :wink:

1 Like

Tbat looks brilliant some good British character actors on voice duties as well!

1 Like

“Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island” is from Bill Tiller, the designer of “The Curse of Monkey Island”.

oh didn’t know that. Curse was okey-ish… I might grab it when on sale.

1 Like

Yeah. I still can’t decide if that’s good or bad. It was much better than the one that followed, and the voice acting was very good. But I fucking hate that art style they used.

It was quite funny though, that’s true enough. I’ve still not got round to finishing it either. I sort of got a bit bored about 60% in.

Also I have and always will prefer the Verb system.

1 Like

If I were @RonGilbert and had observed how the public opinion on George Lucas has changed due to the prequels I’d think twice about doing something like this.

1 Like