IMPORTANT: How do you hang your toilet paper? (Poll)

You are not alone - in using the toilet paper.

Clockwise of course! The only right way to place stack toilet paper.

1 Like

No rule.

2 Likes

But what makes clockwise the “correct” way? I see a crippling flaw with your answer.

It is the only way.

Simple: Because the other ways are wrong.

1 Like

If the sink is on the right side relative to the toilet, clockwise would be the equivalent of having toilet paper hanging to the rear. If the sink is on the left side, then it’s like having toilet paper hanging from the front. I don’t see how clockwise can be correct in both cases. Otherwise, there’s no such thing as a wrong way to hang toilet paper, because it’s always clockwise–from a certain point of view.

The question is not where the sink is, the question is: Where do you place the toilet paper?

Beside that: As we all know, in the northern hemisphere all high pressure areas are spinning anti-clockwise. So if you live in the northern hemisphere you have to place the toilet paper clockwise. Otherwise you are in danger that a high pressure area unwinds your toilet paper! (Or you have to make sure that the windows and doors are closed.)

If it’s about where toilet paper is placed, it shouldn’t matter whether its clockwise, anti-clockwise, over, or under, because those are all orientations, not different locations.

You do realize that an anti-clockwise movement will remove paper from a roll oriented in a clockwise direction, right? But that’s necessary, because matching the toilet paper to the high pressure area rotation means that the high pressure area will cause the roll to excessively tighten, making it impossible to remove paper from the roll, which will inevitably result in a messy bathroom fiasco.

Pick Up Toilet Paper
Use Toilet Paper in Sink
Turn on Sink
Push Call Button

That is how you do it!

4 Likes

No, No, No: Let’s assume you place the paper on the left wall of the toilet in the over position. If you now move the holder to the right wall, the paper would be in the under position! So the position of the paper depends on where you fix the holder on the wall!

No: The wind blows from the “left to the right”, but the toilet paper is wound from “right to left”.

I for myself shut my windows when entering the bathroom because I don’t like it, if other people watch me sitting on a toilet using clockwise spinning toilet paper. So after shutting the window I can take and use a well-rolled toilet paper.

Well, I used to do it this way, but the air hostess was too expensive in the long term …

FYI: In English we say counter-clockwise.

Just in case that helps you win very important arguments like this in the future. :wink:

Interesting - I’m English and I say anti-clockwise.

Ok, nevermind then! I’m from the States and I’ve only ever heard counter-clockwise.

I learned it as “anti-clockwise” at school, a few eons ago. But I slowly took the habit of saying “counter-clockwise”, the more I was influenced by texts written by American authors. It has happened with several other terms and sometimes I use the appropriate version depending on who I’m speaking with. It’s a funny thing to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m American and normally do use the term counter-clockwise. I only switched to anti-clockwise for this conversation, since I was responding to someone who had already used the word anti-clockwise. I also frequently use metric measurements in online discussion, since I often am interacting with people from other countries.

Wait a minute. With an attitude like that, maybe I’M NOT REALLY AMERICAN AT ALL! :wink:

2 Likes

My dictionary says:
anti-clockwise {adj} {adv} [Br.]
counterclockwise {adj} {adv} [Am.]

Now I’m curious what they say in Australia … :slight_smile:

They use the British version.

1 Like

… and now I’ve just learned about the word ‘widdershins’. I think I’ll look for opportunities to use that at work today :slight_smile:

1 Like