---- Is Ron working on a Monkey Island 3a? ----

Really? Because I find Francesco linking to Ron talking about profit margins, and then he talks about bullet points which are just irrelevant to the topic he has created. I might be losing my mind.

edit: nm I wrote too soon, I get the gist.

1 Like

Maybe in a couple of years we all play “The Mystery of Dinky Island 33⅓” and everyone will be happy!

5 Likes

I just found Disney’s online shop, and bought the Maniac Mansion IP for $25.

(no, I didn’t)

I would be inclined to think Ron is such a person, who’d develop an engine just for the fun of doing it.

4 Likes

So, what are your plans, now? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m thinking platformers…

2 Likes

Is this a screenshot from your new game?

4 Likes

The plant… it lives!

Not exactly new:

2 Likes

Why pay $25 if you can play it for free on the Internet Archive? Haha

1 Like

I really try to keep my expectations pretty low when it comes to the potential for a new Monkey Island release. The fact remains that we haven’t had a new entry in the franchise for a decade, and with every year that passes it feels less and less likely we’ll get another one. That said, it is incredibly coincidental that Ron decided to call his new engine Dinky of all names, and it IS the 30th anniversray of the first game, that would make for one heck of a good way to commemorate the occasion. I’d love for you to be right, but I have to be realistic and also just keep myself from being disappointed, so I would suggest you do the same.

2 Likes

and what do you think about the other highlighted coincidences ?

It’s still possible that he’s working on another game, I’ll grant you that. It’s also weird that this hasn’t been debunked already, especially if you’ve tweeted about it, it’s been seen by people in Ron’s orbit and they haven’t said anything, but Ron himself is usually the first person to swoop in and say “no, sorry to disappoint but I’m not making MI3a, things are still the same” etc.etc. I think we’ll have more clarity about Dinky and anything else Ron’s been doing once that new podcast episode about Delores comes out. I just have to doubt the existence of another MI right now to keep myself sane. Believe me, I bloody love Monkey Island and would love to play another one.

2 Likes

on twitter I worte littlerally " in my opinion MI3 is about to come because Ron bla bla bla" … Dave Fox and Mark Ferrari liked my comment without adding a single word.
Now, Ferrari told me straight he does know nothing about it, ROn’s ways are misterious, But I didnt ask that straight to Dave Fox :smiley:

1 Like

Well, Ron has stated many times his point of view on this subject.

@Nor_Treblig would you mind…?

1 Like

I state again, as much as I’d love MI3A, I just care about adventure games. TWP is not MI3A, but it influenced me as much as it could, probably even more than what MI3a would have.

6 Likes

Me too, but on an island. Not in the mainland. :expressionless:

1 Like

There is only one game that would drop my jaw lower than a real half-life 3, and that would be a real Monkey Island 3 - knee level.

FWIW Disney is Disney and probably wouldn’t ever sell/give away any IP ever. Then again they could just as well phone Ron and ask him to make MI3a, giving him a fat budget too, and then they wouldn’t have to let go of that IP. I mean, why not.

Or he could be a shareholder… Then again, I think Mr. Gilbert’s found his freedom making games with his own time, own rules. Being under a corporate umbrella would just limit his creativity and, again, freedom. BUT those are my thoughts.

2 Likes

I’m probably missing something because I’m slowly dying of covid-19, but I don’t even understand your post.

I’m annoyed you made me look these up specifically because they don’t relate to your topic as far as I can tell.

I would focus on #1:

One - I am not making another Monkey Island. I have no plans to make another Monkey Island. I am not formulating plans to make another Monkey Island.

Is grumpiness a sign of being infected with this pandemic? I WANNA LIVE

Stuff like this:

2 Likes