Just released adventure games

Yes, especially if you keep in mind that this game started as a diploma thesis. :slight_smile: (and you can actually combine all objects with all others and every time you will get a unique comment).

I can also recommend “A New Beginning”:

I skipped them too. In the developer’s commentary the project leader and designer said, that he loves those mini games - and that’s why they are in the game.

2 Likes

It looks very interesting. I put it on my list. Thank you!

oh boy. that’s quite a turn off.

That sounds cool! Good to know, I was curious about that game. Might try it.

I started Edna & Harvey: The Breakout but then got distracted and didn´t finish it. It also doesn´t help that I got a special edition with directors audio commentary in absolutly every room and I listened to all those clips and those distracted me further.

It’s out the new short adventure game by @octaviNavarro

4 Likes

@OctaviNavarro: How about a Linux version? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have also yet to play it, but from what I’ve seen and read, it’s a Telltale-style game. I mostly bought it with the intention to support further development of The Devil’s Men, but they cancelled that now. I don’t believe we’ll see another classic P&C adventure from Daedalic.

I love those (including some of the mini games). This might be the wrong place to confess, but to me the Deponia series is the 2010s Monkey Island.

That said, I can also recommend Chains of Satinav and especially Memoria :-). A New Beginning is also a good choice, though. I think that was my first game from Daedalic, and it certainly rekindled my interest in the genre.

2 Likes

I played The Librarian in a dark room, during night… it was the perfect atmosphere for this short game!
Kudos to Octavi Navarro for the technique, the sounds, the global atmosphere and the moving story!

2 Likes

Not form Daedalic but fortunately they publish “real” adventures from other studios. And maybe we get another Deponia…

Yeah, but we need a Linux version! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Someone,

I have got ‘The Librarian’ to work on Linux using the Windows version and Wine. However, you must put the graphics setting to Performance – leaving it at Quality (the default) doesn’t seem to work. I haven’t got very far but I have got downstairs.

1 Like

Yes, it should also run in a virtual machine. :slight_smile: But he made the game with Unity. So it should be easy to produce a Linux binary…

I´m afraid of The Librarian. What if he cuts me in half with a big ass sword because some of my books where a bit overdue?

1 Like

Put sugar in her car tank.

Damnit, @someone there are children (and maybe catholics) reading this forum!!!

1 Like

Don’t worry, they can confess anything.

But it could also be the title of an AC/DC song…

1 Like

:slight_smile: If I google for that title I get only two hits: One link to a book and one to a petition …

Actually it was a reference to this episode.

Oh yeah, I always keep mixing that one up with a similar episode of Seinfeld where the librarian was a guy named Mr Bookman.