Name a thing! Name the game!

I formally ask for a hint. :neutral_face:

1 Like

[OFFTOPIC mode ON]
Look at the verb interface: those german verbs are exactly as translated in TWP…
[OFFTOPIC mode OFF]

Except like…not at all.

1 Like

The phone company in question almost certainly has aliens working there in the game, but not necessarily alien mindbenders. (Sorry ZakPhoenixMcKracken)

It was an electronic advertisement, and quite blatant. Anyone who played any significant amount of the game would definitely have seen the ad prominently placed on the screen multiple times during gameplay during events appropriate to the ad.

That’s definitely not the game I was thinking, and I was only thinking an ad in the game, rather than the whole game being an ad. But the revelation of a phone company adventure game is so amusing and educational, that combined with the fact that the company’s name is right there on the title screen, I’ll accept it as a valid answer. Your turn to pick an item. :grinning:

From what I heard the games shouldn’t be that bad. :slight_smile: (I haven’t played them.)

That’s very generous, but you are right: We are searching for a game with an ad - and not a whole ad game. :slight_smile: So your puzzle still remains unsolved!

I believe I have never played that adventure game, so I ask for another hint.
4468…

I’m pretty sure that I have not played the game Caven is thinking of, so I have focused on that advertisement poster I was talking about in a previous post and I have realized that the game is “Secret Files: Tunguska” (which is an undervalued game, in my opinion). :slight_smile:

I have been able to remember it only in an indirect way: I remembered that the “evil corporation” featured in that game is also a phone company and at that point the connection to the ad was easy. It is a simple poster ad on the wall of a street.

Here is the next “thing”:

a cathedral!

(not just any church: it needs to be a cathedral)

Gabriel Knight: sins of the fathers

You guys let me dig up some old German stuff today. :slight_smile:

“Die Kathedrahle” (The Cathedral; the pictures at moby are scaled in a weird way)

But it’s not a classic “point and click” adventure - how judge the judge? :slight_smile:

/edit: Ema was faster, so he/she is the next - GK is correct :slight_smile:

Next…
a REAL ESTATE AGENCY

And, by the way…

the solution to “the dead pig” is

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the ripper.

Which, in spite of the somehow naive name/plot and the obscure ukrainian dev team is quite a good game.

Here are the dead pigs:

You have to use the pigs to reproduce the cuts found on a victim to identify the murder weapon and to clarify the dynamics of what happened
http://guides.gamepressure.com/sherlockholmesvsjacktheripper/gfx/word/1607703687.jpg

Oh, that one is easy: A Golden Wake.

It’s where the protagonist starts his journey.

Next one:

a dead sarcosuchus!

Gesundheit!

Isn’t it in the sewers in TWP?

By the way, I’m a male :slight_smile:

Yes, it is. It’s your turn.

Oh, sorry, madame. :wink:

Ok, let me just think about something nice…

Ok.

A T-shaped socket wrench

Well, better to make things clear… you know, just in case you happen to fall in love with me… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like