Name a thing! Name the game!

I’m not sure of what kind of tool it is but if it’s that thing that is used to open manholes, then there is one in Broken Sword 1. You use it to open the manhole and to go to the sewers.

Is that the tool you were thinking of?

Chiave quadra, in italian. I couldn’t find a decent translation. This thing:

1 Like

Then it’s not the tool I’m talking about. I’ll try to think about something else!

Where the beep is a tool like that?!

I have seen this tool in a game (and my toolbox :wink: ), but I can’t remember the name of the game…

It’s that kind of a tool that every conductor on every train has. He uses it to open windows, the doors of the toilets in emergency, and so on.
But in this game you won’t find it on a train, but on another kind of mass transport

1 Like

Oh wait… Machinarium! !! I finished it a few weeks ago!

I haven’t played it. But I believe you.

Mhm… I hoped at least this one had a unique solution…

I need to replay it, I had totally forgot that part!
I checked the key in machinarium, and it’s not really the same as you have described.
IMG_20170830_233859
So the host is still yours.

Ok, then. A liquid drain cleaner.

1 Like

Easy. @Guga 's Kill Yourself

Now it’s my turn. Let me see…

This one is very characteristic of one well-known adventure game: a blowtorch

1 Like

Full Throttle - I don’t remember exactly where you find it, but it’s one of the things you need to fix your motorbike.

So, it’s my turn.

A vacuum cleaner

You are right, I had thought of Future Wars, in the rumble of the ruins, you find a blowtorch.

Day of The Tentacle, after the addition to the Constitution :smiley:

next one:

a bottle of perfume

I was hoping Flight of the Amazon Queen :stuck_out_tongue: it’s an interesting game since it has more than one possible answer

I don’t know why, but I missed this one!
I think that’s because in 1995 I was already working 8 hours per day, so I hadn’t so much spare time like before.
Do you think I have to play it?

Yes! It’s totally free: ScummVM :: Games

Easy: Real life, bathroom of my girlfriend. Haven’t found out what to do whit the bottle, yet. The content seems to be rotten …

1 Like

If Someone or anybody (:grimacing:) wants a hint…
…who you gonna call?
FOUR FOUR SIX EIGHT!

I’m sure that I have played more games that had a bottle of perfume but the only one I can easily remember is “A Vampyre Story”, because the player can use that item multiple times.

The perfume is in Mona’s bedroom.

My turn. Let’s see if I can think of something a little more difficult to remember:

a dodo egg!

Well, regarding the bottle of perfume, I was thinking to a classic PnC adventure… this one:

In Gray Matter there was a Dodo egg, in the museum of the Oxford university.