News! Update? DLC?

He only said couch…

I hope we could at least go out for a beer.

Anyway, but maybe it’s just because I loved the in-jokes and I wanted to divorce my wife when she put the toilet roll under, I loved both “options” and the way they were presented to the public.

I mean, even after the game came out we, as a community, are still having an influence on the game. Even if it’s just out of spite, even if it actually were a * beep * you to us all that would be just great.

I develop for a living, not videogames - I develop also games, but just as a hobby - and I know what it means having to publish a software. Most of our features for the next version are just “things we had planned for this version but didn’t have time to implement”, and then sometimes the customers come and want more and so it’s a neverending story.

The good part is, the customers want things they actually need to work better and increase their profits. So it makes perfect sense. They have a requirement our software doesn’t fulfill, they write us and say “hey could you do this for the next version?”. There are sometimes customers that are quite rude and say “your software is * beep * and it’s useless for us, the next version better do what we want”, but still, they pay good money for the software and again, it’s needed for them to make a profit.

For a videogame, there are no needs, everyone just… expects. And they want their expectations to be met perfectly. And boy do we complain. Maybe everyone should take on coding once in a while to see what it means to publish a game, even the smallest one, and then think again before being rude to another developer :smiley:

1 Like

Well in that case…

1 Like

No, I was being sincere apologizing for saying anything that could have offended Mr. Gilbert. I own my words; I did not mean to offend him, but I can clearly see that they did, so I take them back and apologize for it. Quit trying to make me into some kind of monster.

I agree with you completely there, and in my defense I never ever said those things. If what I said came out that way, then it was a poor choice of words on my part and I apologize. I hope you can accept that.

Fair enough. However, It works both ways, Mr. Gilbert. In the past, especially in the blog, I have commented on how your responses sometimes appear to be flippant.

In fact, this whole argument started because in my initial comment I suggested that the option to disable “in-jokes” seemed a bit extreme and like a big “f*ck you” to complainers. You then asserted that that was the point because they were being silly. How should I feel when I was one of the people who mentioned that there were too many in-jokes?

Anyway, I don’t want to stir anything up. I really am sincerely sorry for offending you, Mr. Gilbert; you are a person I admire and look up to, so I hope we can make peace.

I look forward to them. :slight_smile:

-dZ.

suspicious eyebrows

I…I may have said too much already

Is that beef off the grill now? @RonGilbert lol

Alright folks, here´s for some more clarity. I most definitly applaud this!

2 Likes

Woo-hoo! It seems like inter-playable-character remarks. :thumbsup:

YEAH BABY! This means TWP becomes officially a perfect game!

(why do I care so much about this? I’m scared)

I am personally grateful, as your customer and fan, for your dedication to your craft. It is both an inspiration and a delight.

Talk is cheap. Hell, talk on the internet is free. In my experience as a fellow creator (not games, but comics) sometimes people have the best intentions when giving feedback, sometimes they don’t. It’s okay to decide what to listen and what to ignore. God knows there’s a LOT of the second.

1 Like

Oh, so you have been to the comment section of YouTube!

2 Likes

current mood:

I´m proud to say I haven´t commented on there once. But good riddance to the imdb forums by the way. Most of what´s on there especially almost all those forums under actresses where the ugliest piece of diatribe you could find on the internet, made me really weep for humanity. Now that that´s gone I can only say “one down many more to go”

The worst I´ve ever seen Ron involved in was on twitter. I think it was around last year where someone “critizised him for his political views” in other words bascially told him to “leave politics to the big boys and stick to making games” while in the very next sentence asking him to “hurry up with the Mac version of TwP”, that combination of douchebaggery and entitlement made me so angry I completly understood his reaction for I wouldn´t have reacted much different(most likely worse). Nothing we have seen here so far comes even close to that…erm low level…

1 Like

Please don’t be disappointed for the dev blog and the journey you took with all the backers in these last two years.

It has been an amazing experience and I feel the vast majority of the backers loved the game and loved the process.

As you mentioned it’s impossible to make anyone happy, and it’s unfortunate that there are people who apparently enjoy stirring the pot and post inflammatory critics just for the sake of doing that.

As I said before I just hope TWP to be successful enough to have more gem games like this one.

1 Like

Then you probably have seen this too which was hilarious, and sad, but mostly hilarious:

And I was never good for staying on-topic btw…

Edit: added direct links to her tweets:
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/826407039861653504
https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/826776134125772800

Yeah and I thought that was really great!

Something similar happened recently:

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/849083760809259009

This was in response to a “Star Trek Fan” being upset about the new series having a gay character in it.

Never mind, it´s my topic and I´m pretty sure we´ll soon get news that will get us back on track again.

1 Like

OMG!!!1! :scream:

4 Likes

2 Likes

You made a horrible mistake here. You were supposed to pick a carefully curated selection of in-jokes to remove, only to find that no matter which combination of jokes you settled on, people would be outraged that you culled the wrong ones. Speaking of which, I am outraged that you made a game I greatly enjoyed and are now forcing me to wait in anticipation for the possibility of another point-and-click adventure made by you. How am I supposed to cope with that level of uncertainty? You’re ruining my life by making things I like!

Oh, and one last thing. I did notice one serious problem that ruined Thimbleweed Park, and I hope you rectify it with your next game. Could you please, pretty please remember to include Disk 22 next time? I really feel like I was denied some important content in the woods, thanks to the glaring omission of that disk. I’ll forgive that sort of sloppiness this one last time, but these sorts of production errors can be disastrous over the long term.

Oh, one more last thing. Can you add a feature to the forum software that makes it possible for other people to optionally remove annoying in-jokes from the entire forum? I think it’s a reasonable request that surely couldn’t take more than five seconds of time (time estimate based on how long it takes people to program stuff on TV crime shows), and would undoubtedly end that “fingernails on the chalkboard” sound that people constantly hear in their heads whenever an in-joke exists anywhere within a 30-mile radius.

Thanks!