No more Daylight Savings Time?

I think that is the core issue:

1. we need some kind if aligned system so you don’t miss the bus, be on time at school and so on
  2. there is only a small emotional attachment to the numbers, most people would be ok to call the hour they wake at “3” rather than “7”
  3. health and safety issues are all related to the daylight. The sun. Whether you stick with winter or summer time the whole year through, you are going to end up with half a year (give or take) with less light either in the morning or in the evening compared to when you stick to switching between DST.

So I would suggest to go back to a system inspired by the Roman. They divided the day and the night in equal parts and done. So in winter (working/school) days were shorter than in summer. Ok ok, this doesn’t bode well for people up North. But if we use a system were we vary the start and end times of school/office hours from season to season rather than the other way around, it would make for a more natural system. Just like nature, actually.

Alternatively, I am also in favor of “UBT”

Unlimited Breakfast Time? I’d favour that as well.

3 Likes

Yay, unlimited Crunchy Nuts for everbody!

But isn’t that then unhealthy again?

That’s not a problem with the clock, but with the working hours of your employer. He dictates when you have to start and stop your work.

And I get my money from grease, what´s the problem?

1 Like

Oh, you are selling hair wax?

No, but I should indicate my Simpsons quotes more obviously it seems.

No, not needed.

I just think sometimes that there might be a lot of space above @Someone’s head…

I was speaking for myself. I caught the reference, but it was quite casual and obscure… I bet only @Guga would have got it.

1 Like

Yeah, it it was for him only I wouldn´t need to use pictures or gifs or anything. Just writing them down would be enough.

Though the gifs are funny sometimes, especially if they are out of context and without sound and music.

My answer was intentional - I couldn’t resist to make that joke. :wink: (And I know that Simpsons episode.)

1 Like

If they want to abolish the DST because it steals one hour of sleeping and causes horrible health damages (which ones, I don’t know), then they should abolish Netflix and the mothers-in-laws, too.
(From a Twitter user)

Of course I did. It was one of the best quotes :stuck_out_tongue: Homer sells grease he extracted from bacon, Bart objects that “bacon was more expensive”, Homer says that he got it from Marge, Bart says “but mom gets money from you” and he closes with “and I get money from my grease”. Great.

2 Likes

Absolutely stupid.

That’s a wonderful example of why Europe has so much troubles nowaday. And it’s going to get worse this way.

Europe has to bring the best practices all around, to share the best things, not to force rules that interfere with good local practices. This way Europe will be hated more and more to the point it will suicide itself. We are not a newborn country, with states. We are nations that decide to stay together for what matters for every territory.
I don’t give a s*** about having to adjust my clock while travelling.

Again, what do you expect from… Juncker… ehehehe…

1 Like

I don´t know if you properly understood. This is not about europe getting a single timezone, it´s only about dropping the summertime and going back to the state before 1980.

I think he might be saying it’s fine if we drop it and Italy keeps it. (Which as far as I’m concerned it is.)

1 Like

Oh yeah.