UK Summer Heatwave

So the U.K is going through a super hot summer. They recon it will bounce up to temps of 36-37 at some point.

Americans always moan it is always raining here in the U.K, surely they just want to come over in the 2-4 weeks of actual summer we get.

1 Like

:astonished:

Would that mean that we’ll get >40 degrees on the continent? :sweat:

I dunno where are you based Someone?

Northern of Germany.

1 Like

Northern of Germany! Cool. Most English people are from the German stock. High Germany and all that, great song if you don’t know it?

Or do you mean Holland/Nederlands? Always got on with the Dutch. Very friendly and laid back.

Whichever German or Dutch, nice to meet you! :smile:
We’re all the same people in my mind anyway :smiley:

1 Like

Ireland is mental at the moment as well, his 30 and 31 a few times around the country and has been near constant since the start of May!

2 Likes

btw: As a reminiscence to the TWP podcasts we have a “How is the weather (right now)” thread. So if you have a weather at the moment, you could post (and discuss!) it there. :wink:

1 Like

Feel for you. As you know both us and you our neighbours are not really made for the heat. Some days I am fine happy in a beer garden have a slow one with friends but working in this heat is pretty bad especially as it tends to be pretty heavy humid heat!

I’ll raise a glass to you, neighbour! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope not! :sweat:
I can’t cope when the temperatures goes higher than the mid-20s!

3 Likes

Yeah, we are on for a record breaking year. I do think Global Warming is to do with it for sure. But saying that dad said a heatwave of the mid-late 70s was the hottest. So… If it was that hot 50 years ago, then maybe not.

Being a fat person I just melt in this weather. Don’t know how to Aussies stay so positive!

3 Likes

Same here. We have already 28 degrees (outside) and I slowly starting to melt in my office…
I hope that we’ll get the “promised” lightning and thunder in the next days.

@tasse-tee: Do you have some tips against the heat beside ice cream? :wink:

2 Likes

Um feel for you again, I work with computers so they get hot too.

Um, I’ve got this thing where -if you run your tap for a bit so the water runs cold, you put your hands with your palms facing the water and run your wrists where your veins are against the cold water, it should cool you down a bit.

Also I’ve just stocked up on ice cubes and will be putting them in soft drinks today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

An ice cream van has just pulled up down the road. This is a rare occurrence. It really must be getting hot :sun_with_face:

5 Likes

You have ice cream vans in London? Please send it over to me! Faaaaaast!

2 Likes

Yep! Well, just outside of London (I’m not at work today) :slightly_smiling_face: reminds me of being a kid, except they often wouldn’t drive down that road because it was a cul-de-sac :sob:

(I’ve given him your GPS coordinates)

1 Like

Very odd thing, since the last 2 months. I haven’t spotted Ice Cream vans (heard them) But if they knew what they were doing they would clean up!!

2 Likes

:hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

POK! I am just outside London myself! Ha. Ice Cream men charge £5 for a large Ice Cream. In Aldi you can get a full tub for just over a squid. I assumed ICMen were not the smartest tools but F me if you don’t know you can make money in a heatwave you should give up!

1 Like

:open_mouth:

Hehe - we Germans exported Aldi to Britain? :wink:

But the Aldi ice cream isn’t that good compared to hand made ice cream. So the ice cream man in the van should be more expensive.

We used to say “beep me” in this forum :wink:

1 Like

Until Aldi and Lidl we got “beeped” royally here by Tesco (High prices. Low quality of food), I have a better quality of life because of Aldi and Lidl. (no joke). Yeah, but I go for the Carte D’Or stuff they do. Still cheap and great quality.