NON-SPOILER thread for Return To Monkey Island

There’s actually some discussion about whether it’s better to switch those because players tend to use left click more and so by switching you fight their urge to use stuff without examining, so as a developer I’m with them on this one.

2 Likes

I’m with them/you as a user. :slight_smile:

I still haven’t played Return. Believe it or not. It was important to me to have played Secret and Revenge one more time first, as a preparation. I didn’t even buy Return, because I probably would have become labile then. I also hoped for a release on GOG in the meantime - in vain, sadly. My replay took some time, since I was very busy, but I finally have finished it. Well, I could proceed with Curse as well at this point, but I’m too impatient and I think I am ready for Return now.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Oh no!

1 Like

I really don’t get GOG’s selection strategy.

Don’t worry! I haven’t bought it yet. If it had been available on GOG, I definitely would have done so yesterday, but, because of Steam, I’m still hesitating. What a huge disappointment that PC users can get it only there! What’s the deal with Steam?

GOG may not be perfect either, but preferable, in my opinion. And, as a consumer, I would like to have choices and take my own decision. Instead, it’s just take it or leave it, which makes me sad. Switch is no option at all to me.

1 Like

I’m sure it will be on GOG as well one day. If only I knew the release date.

Well, Devolver isn’t communicating about a GOG release at all.

But I do still have my hopes up. The native Linux version has been recently released (was in Beta for a week).
It’s just logical to assume GOG integration is the next big thing on their ToDo list… :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

2 Likes

That would be great of course.
Unfortunately, I have to admit now that I intend to purchase it on Steam, since I currently would have some time for playing it and have lost my patience. In terms of the competitive advantage of Steam, it’s a pity of course.

I don’t understand why Devolver doesn’t act more transparent in this regard, since most people wouldn’t buy a game twice anyway. When I got it on Steam, I would not additionally purchase it on GOG at the full price afterwards. I’d rather hope for a physical copy.

1 Like

Yeah it’s strange, Devolver isn’t answering anything at all regarding this.
And it seems like Ron and the team have been instructed to not talk about such topics.

There have been games from Disney and Devolver on GOG before. My impression in the past was that Disney lets the publisher do whatever they want in this regard.
But Devolver Digital did put most of there games there (like Cult of the Lamb, Card Shark, Trek to Yomi, etc.) so I’m not sure what’s going on, as persistent as I am avoiding DRM they are avoiding communication.

The chances for additional releases in other stores or on other platforms within the next months might be good indeed. They probably just need some time for setting up the store pages, implementing the achievements and so on. If I remember correctly, Ron told on the TWP dev blog that the different stores would require totally different code lines and that the simultaneous releases of TWP would have been quite an effort. So, maybe there is even more planned than released yet - not only a GOG release but also ports for mobile devices are likely, for instance. They just ought to make announcements earlier, I think.

1 Like

Good news!

1 Like

Voices in German will become available as well on November 8, with Norman Matt who already did the voice-acting for Guybrush in the past.

3 Likes

These are great news! Now I consider to stop playing and waiting for the German voice acting…

2 Likes

That’s great, especially when playing with kids.
Too bad no kid will get to see this game from me. They can go to bed crying their eyes out :sob:, ha!
Until the GOG version is released that is :smiley:

Console ports, localised versions… there can’t be much left on their task list, other then GOG!

2 Likes

Itch.io!

potato potatio

I wouldn’t complain!
But from my feeling we will get mobile versions and even a C64 version long before that… :frowning:

1 Like

Yes. If they really had intended an early release on GOG, it would have been there already, I think, seeing that it wouldn’t even need an additional port for it - absolutely no rocket science. :confused:

1 Like