Pixel artwork artists

@Ricardo Regarding the color range. Do you plan to draw pictures in the limited color range of 8 bit (4 bit per RGB channel) like back in the 80s and 90s? I ask because your pictures are using 24 bit (8 bit per RGB channel).
The program Grafx2 (website also contains some pixel-art), similar to Deluxe Paint, can be used to draw low resolution pics in low color range. :grinning:
Probably you use Photoshop at the moment?

@thomas Yes, IĀ“m using Photoshop. For me, the challenge is to use a canvas with a very limited number of pixels to ā€œimitateā€ the style and paint every single detail and the expressions of the faces from the original work.

PD.: The Download link for the MacOs version of Grafx2 is not working. :confused:

@Ricardo
Now you have a new goal:
The Thimblewed Collectors Box Cover :smiley:

1 Like

@tlammert ThatĀ“s is a great idea !!
IĀ“m still waiting for my box so I have to wait some days to start drawing because I always work with the box on my desk like main reference.

1 Like

I have just discovered the pixel art gallery of Jason Tammemagi, who has drawn many really inspiring post.apocalyptic sci-fi images and also a few ones related to movies and TV series.

Iā€™ll share here just a few but I suggest you to visit his gallery, because there are a lot more awesome works.

Twin Peaks:

Old arcade game room:

Concert:

7 Likes

Itā€™s difficult not to cite Octavi again, when he creates such beautiful drawings. :slight_smile:

Here is his recent drawing for Halloween 2017 (click it to enjoy the details):

Octavi has also published in the last years several other Halloween-inspired drawings on his website.

5 Likes

Donā€™t forget Zak! Lots of stuff happening on that coverā€¦

4 Likes

I started working in that today. Itā€™s a VERY difficult coverā€¦ :sweat_smile:

14 PM

3 Likes

Hey! Thatā€™s me!

3 Likes

You look a lot younger in your avatar.

5 Likes

I just finished today the cover art of Zak McKracken.
It has been one of the most complicatedā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Hope you like it.

All the illustrations, here:
https://www.behance.net/gallery/53919647/Lucasfilm-adventure-games-cover-arts-in-Pixelart-Style

9 Likes

Thank you for this great piece of art!

1 Like

Who is this genius? :astonished:

6 Likes