[Poll] Have you pre-ordered RtMI?

Have you pre-ordered Return to Monkey Island?

• Yes
  • No, but I might if…
  • No and I will not
  • I have not pre-ordered RtMI, I’ve pre-ordered an exclusive horse armor

0 voters

3 Likes

… I’ll remeber my Steam account user name and password …

4 Likes

Oops, I accidentally voted for yes instead of this one.

You should be able to change your vote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No because I don’t have a Switch and don’t use Steam.
Note: If there will be physical releases with special goodies by platform I might buy them all nonetheless. I did so with Thimbleweed Park :slight_smile:

I really hope RtMI will be released on GOG (or DRM-free on any other acceptable platform).

5 Likes

Indeed. I didn’t realize “show vote” also meant “change vote”.

… it shows up on GOG or I finally buy a Switch. Whichever comes first.

2 Likes

I also wish I could buy RTMI as a standalone exe from the official site or something.

But I’m not so averse to Steam, so I’ll probably buy it there. Yes, Steam sucks, but idk its not a big deal to me. Some people are principled, but I’m not.

I haven’t preordered it yet because there’s no rush. but i probably will.

1 Like

If i can find a reasonably priced machine it will run on. My laptop doesn’t have a graphics card. Im not sure how the switch controls will be, so Im a little leery about getting one of those.

2 Likes

I got on Switch. I love playing adventure games on that console. I’m not a big fan of PC gaming, even though I played the other MI games on Windows.

3 Likes

Ok, but what is the gameplay like? Do you hover the cursor around with the joystick thingy like you would a mouse? ( that sounds tedious)- Or do you just cyclethrough different hotspots with up and down, which sounds a bit too pre selected for my tastes.

You could also plug a mouse or Bluetooth dongle into the switch.

1 Like

Ohhhh, i didn’t know you could do that.

Buy a Switch! I was reluctant but since I got it, around a year ago, I managed to play more adventure games than in the last five years. At least in my case, lack of time to sit down for long periods of time, can be somewhat replaced by spending 10-20 minutes here and there using a portable device.

1 Like

I play lots of adventure games on the Intel integrated GPU in my private laptop. The only downside is that Phoenix Wright seems to result in more or less maximum fan usage while my desktop GPU doesn’t even bother spinning up the fans at all for the same game.

I suspect RtMI will run a lot better than the Phoenix Wright port.

1 Like

What about getting a brand new Steam Deck? :smile:

4 Likes

I try to “Vote” with the wallet!
In this regard, I moved to express all my support for this project by pre-ordering TWO copies. (It is absolutely not my habit to pre-order, I deliberately did it in this case as a support to the team). In doing so, I also wanted to pretend that my purchases also expressed my preferences (let’s try this theory, maybe it works). I pre-ordered a copy on STEAM (sent as a gift to a friend) and one for me but pre-ordered on SWITCH. I preferred to avoid the PC primarily to express the fact that even on consoles there is a hunger for graphic adventures but also to distance myself from the PC community which (in my opinion) is too tied to preconceptions and old habits. Terrible Toybox already knows that (after the experience with Thimbleweed Park in which it sold more on consoles than on PC) the console market is very flourishing, I continue on this trend even with my purchases. Under the skin of a hollow-neck graphic adventure (and full of burps! LOL) I see a VERY advanced and also a very sophisticated graphic adventure, in my opinion a clear success, but I speak as a fan boy. We’ll see how it turns out. I would like a THIRD copy PHYSICAL, at the moment there is NO info of the presence of physical copies on any platform at D1. Maybe I’ll play this card on XBOX when the Nintendo temporal exclusive ends.

2 Likes

I pre-ordered straight away on Steam… if I had a Switch I would probably have bought it on there too.

I have a gaming PC, but I’ll probably play RtMI on an old laptop so I can play it in bed.

1 Like

I’ve played some on my laptop too, but RtMI says a graphics card is required, so it might not run.

I just checked, it says Radeon HD 7750. That’s a 10 year old gpu that was upper lower end at the time (or lower mid tier). Ca. 2016/2017 Intel integrated may perform at a similar level in some conditions. If you ping me in a few weeks I’ll let you know.

2 Likes