Putting all the final touches on the physical rewards for Thimbleweed Park!

email support [at-thingy] thimbleweedpark.com

Woo-hoo!!! Waiting at the mailbox for 5 days paid off! I just got my Thimbleweed Park backer reward and I can finally go back into the house.

Photos of box

It’s signed by Mssrs. Gilbert & Winnick, which is all sorts of extra awesome sauce!

The only problem is that the “Backer-A-Reno” badge is on the outside shrinkwrap… Boo! Normally, I would just ravage that wrapper and discard it with prejudice, but now I am having all sorts of internal conflicts on whether I should even open it at all.

Damn you, beautifully decorated plastic wrapper from hell! You have defeated me today!

dZ.

2 Likes

You can cut the stickers out and put them into the box…

2 Likes

That’s also what I did. But I hesitated as well for a long time to unwrap the game. But when I did, it was so rewarding. And then I cut out the stickers and put them into the box. I’ve never been happier. Ever.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll definitely do that. I can’t carry the burden in my conscience of leaving this crisp and beautiful box unopened. :slight_smile:

dZ.

OK, I just opened the box. Fantastic work on the packaging! It feels very old school with all the feelies.

The floppy disk was an extra nice touch! I would have expected a generic empty 5-1/4" gag diskette just for laughs, but I understand that you went through the trouble of getting the disk loaded with data for extra coolness factor – that’s just brilliant!

The entire experience of this game, from development, to release, all the way to the delivery of the physical copies has been just fantastic – and that is before even considering the brilliantly executed game itself!

Thank you so much to Messrs. Gilbert & Winnick, and the entire crew at the Terrible Toybox Co. It has all been unforgettable so far. :+1:

dZ.

2 Likes

Oh, did you OPEN the floppy disk 22/269 ?
floppydisk
I mean… not in that way…

2 Likes

No, I didn’t open the disk. I think Mr. Gilbert mentioned something about finding a vendor that could not only source the disks, but copy them; so I assume they have data.

dZ.

Please, anybody find a floppy drive and discover which hidden easter egg is in there!

What if you put in the floppy disc and this happens?

:eight_spoked_asterisk:Beep :eight_spoked_asterisk: you!!

Only if the shoe fits…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a PC with a floppy drive, and in my basement, I still have an Amiga 500…

me too :slight_smile:

Spill it! What’s on the disk?
Or is it in only formatted for C64?

I have a floppy drive and will have a look, but please give me a few more hours.

btw: It’s a HD disk, so it doesn’t contain data for the Amiga.

I’m sure that the floppy is not for an Amiga computer/filesystem, but just to nitpick: “it doesn’t contain data for the Amiga models that didn’t support HD floppy disks.”. :slight_smile:

I knew that someone would come up with this. :wink:

But to get back to the topic:

The disk isn’t empty. It contains an easter egg, but not the Secret of Monkey Island. :wink:

I’m not sure if I should spoil the content here at all. :slight_smile:

You should take advantage of your knowledge to launch an adventure-game-related quiz in the “General” category: if anyone wins, you’ll share what the easter egg is (using spoiler tags for those who don’t want to know). :stuck_out_tongue:

Mhhhhhh…

Nope I don´t see a way how I´m ever gonna find this one out.