Rant/appreciation thread about the latest TWP update

No, it’s not mandatory. Pushing people around is optionally and just for our amusement.

Yes. I did not push him in the first play through. Can you push anyone else? Also there’s an achievement in steam for it.

Yes, you owe Carny Joe exactly $1138 which you take from the swear jar. Before you push the mime the glass is exactly short of the amount that the mime owes you for cursing on Ransome after you pushed him(don´t remember exact numbers but let´s say the mime pays you 138 dollars so the glass had exactly 1000 dollars in it before that). I´m really pretty sure about that.

The $1000 are in the safe and the $138 were already in the swear glass. You don’t need to push him, you are just looking for excuses to do so :slight_smile:

Wha? I´m I making up my own puzzles now?

How much does the mime owe Ransome for swearing after you push him?

Mime: Ransome you ∗beeping∗ idiot! Why’d you push me?
Ransome: Oh, ∗beeping∗ eh? You owe $5 to my swear jar.

Maybe if he would have said ∗beep∗ your ∗beeping∗ ∗beeper∗ it would have been more expensive, but $138 would be still quite extreme :slight_smile:

1 Like

And you´re positive the swear jar doesn´t contain $128 up to that point?

Yep, it neither contains $128 nor $133, it starts with $138 already.

Oh wow, well I guess the devs missed out on an interesting puzzle then. Guess I´m a genius, now.

2 Likes

They will add this to the TWP Remastered Director’s Cut edition in the Nightmare! mode.

1 Like

Thimbleweed Park: Push That Mime! Edition

1 Like

You don’t need to push the mine. The swear jar has $138.

2 Likes

We´re not talking about The Cave here.

Oh, my… @milanfahrnholz involved in another trial…:fearful:

:wink:

:man_judge: contempt of court!!! How you dare? :smile:

Besides, since after the last contempt we had Edmund Mansion mansion, probably in the next TWP release because of your behavior the poor mime will have a badge: “hello, my name is MINE”

1 Like

Wow, this spiralled!

Yeah, I never pushed him over then watched someone else do it afterwards and thought it was hilarious. I love the mime character.

Exactly what I thought.

I´m sorry that snark really came from being doubly corrected after I was alreay realising and admitting I was wrong. No contempt meant. But if that would really lead to the mime being called mine from now on, I don´t think I´d have a problem with that…:ransome:

Anyway since you pass by the mime first and I always pushed him, I probably just assumed that those 5 dollars are actually added, I probably never tried not doing it. That part is obviously more a hint to the swear jar than a part of the puzzle itself.

But I like this puzzle. Maybe @RonGilbert can add this puzzle in a next update. This would have an interesting side effect: The new puzzle confuses all players, who are following an existing walkthrough or a Let’s Play. :slight_smile: This would be mean. I like it. :ransome:

1 Like

And if that means he´ll change “Mime” to “Mine” also I´ll gladly take that as a compromise!:rofl:

1 Like