Recognizing forum spammers

Meanwhile here are some links. And I think we should create a new thread for the “cheat sheet” and “pin” it.

Very short version:

Long version:

GitHub Markdown (PDF) Cheat Sheet:

3 Likes

Discourse does not only accept Markdown, but also BBCode and HTML - and you can mix them (that leads sometimes to strange results):

I… well, that’s embarrassing. Duh, how could I miss that? I automatically skipped the first because the B and the I made me automatically think that it was just some other text formatting option.

1 Like

Cool! No more highlighting and clicking quote. I had exactly the same blind spot of not seeing anything left of B and I

Yes please. It is the first time we have gone off-topic to something more serious/useful.

Thanks! Here are my $9.99!

Wow! :open_mouth:

They are also very useful to mass-spamming or to flood several services that don’t like automated requests. :neutral_face:

Yes, I use BBcode to underline texts and in the transcription of the podcasts, some HTML has been used to create good footnotes (footnote support is currently limited in the MarkDown version used by Discourse).

It happened to me as well. I think that that toolbar might benefit from some attention by an usability expert.

1 Like

This is true. But I wasn’t serious, in reality* I just give up after a few tries, crawl into a corner of the room and weep.

* not reality

Just add a badge!

1 Like

@discobot How do I fullquote?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Thanks anyway…

Well, that just happened…

1 Like

LOL. He/It liked your comment. :joy:

Baffled me too! :astonished:

@discobot fortune
@discobot roll 32767d32767

:crystal_ball: Most likely

@discobot roll 32767d32767

I only have 20 dice. Shameful, I know!

Did you know that the maximum number of sides for a mathematically fair die is 120?

:game_die: 83, 86, 43, 21, 9, 33, 17, 26, 17, 30, 38, 3, 49, 35, 66, 63, 59, 56, 93, 16

@discobot Dance, dance to that funky music!

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.