Return To Monkey Island is now official, release date: Sep 19,2022

Yay! I never pre-order anything, but I’m about to just because I really really really want this game to be a huge success (counting on returns to returns :D). Getting a copy on switch and steam as well.

2 Likes

So why did we have to wishlist then? I would have expected an email to notify the pre-orders are open or something.
Now I am a late…

1 Like

You are not :slight_smile: You can preorder on Steam:

Did it immediately yesterday. No Brainer :smiley:

1 Like

Noooooo! I’m on vacations starting the 19th. And I’ve no Internet for 14 days! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

There is only one solution: don’t go on vacations.

2 Likes

I can’t. I would lose too much money. :frowning:

Hey, it’s the same thing @PiecesOfKate wrote on twitter.

:thinking:

3 Likes

I mean late to preorder. Day 2 pre-order fits my tradition of joining the party later, though.

2 Likes

Buy (or borrow) a Switch.

1 Like

Which means at least you’re not going to see any spoilers.

Personally, I’m hoping for a timely GOG release (or even better, an actual box), so no pre-order for me and likely not playing on release day either. Which means I’ll probably have to avoid the forum and miss out on plenty of interesting discussions :frowning:. That actually irks me more than not being able to play on day one.

So enjoy your vacation! RtMI keys won’t sell out in the first two weeks :wink:.

3 Likes

Well, that will make avoiding spoilers easier.

2 Likes

I think we’ll all avoid the forum. Or perhaps we can agree to create a new RtMI thread for those who completed the game or don’t care about spoilers (in the broadest sense of the word not just about the story), and have all the other threads stay on topic (or not on RtMI topics at least)?

Reminds me there’s still a few TWP threads I have never read to avoid spoilers.

3 Likes

We can do that for sure, can’t we?

3 Likes

A Switch doesn’t need the Internet? For example to buy/download the game?

Here too. I don’t like Steam. But I fear that it will take some time until a GOG release.

And again: Same here. And that means that I have to dig through thousands of new posts after my return…

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I would assume that Devolver and/or Ron will open a new RtMI dedicated forum.

Maybe you have time to buy/download it just before leaving?

1 Like

I really hope that, but I fear that I won’t have the time. :frowning: But maybe a GOG release will be available when I’m back. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Where exactly are you going? In the Bermuda triangle?

2 Likes

Brr Muda triangle

5 Likes

Similar actually. :grin:

I’ll be on a small German island. There is internet available (well, should be available :wink: ) but I won’t take any computer stuff with me (intentionally).