Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

Today’s news and the outpouring of joy and happiness it has generated, is truly unlike anything I have ever experienced in the gaming industry… I have been in such an elated mood all day.

I was so far removed from the idea of their being another MI game (let alone with the incredible Team that is lined up) that I literally rolled my eyes at Ron’s April Fool… thought no more about it and went about my business… I hadn’t posted or interacted much on here or any of my other retro or lucas based haunts in years.

I full on wept when I saw the announcement show up in news today… tears streamed down my face.

After two years of such hardship and sadness for everyone the world over, several terrible personal and emotional issues that faced me and everyones own demons… it is like a shining beacon… Something pure and happy for everyone… child-like and whimsical… a swashbuckling adventure a return to a place that we all thought was gone.

I watched the trailer and recorded my reaction for posterities sake… (it might not look it, but if you listen my voice falters several times, I am fully choked up, fighting the urge to burst into tears) what else you’ll see is my unbridled enthusiasm and excitement.

All I can say is thank you Ron, and all the team every single person who has made it a reality.

5 Likes