Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

it´s exactly like that^^

@tlammert Awww this was me, too, when I saw it–like my heart and my face were about to explode like crazy. Sigh genuine happiness, indeed :heart:

3 Likes

I´m not only so happy about this announcment, I´m really happy I´m in home office right now too. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, and here was me hoping that bit in the trailer was the last we’ve ever seen of him :disappointed:.

Otherwise, I guess I know what I’ll be playing this year! \o/

I was hoping that too :slight_smile:
but that’s the least of our worries.

the art looks good, but that’s by night. I wonder if daytime scenes will look as good with that style.

1 Like

It would probably look good and “colorful”, for sure. But yeah, it’s worth the look when the game actually comes out.

I like Murray, so for me that´s a win. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still can’t belive it. I’m still hyped about the A500 mini that should arrive on friday. I just decided it’s time now to finally show my 7 1/2 years old daughter Monkey Island 1+2 on it. My absolute favorit Games of all times.

And now that. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I knew it! I thought about it since Terrible Toybox said they were working on a new game! My friends didn’t believe me… but I knew it!
This is the best announcement ever!
I’m almost crying.
I’m so excited!
Monkey 2 is my favorite game. I’ve been waiting for this since I was a kid! <3

4 Likes

In Germany trending tweets an hour ago

3 Likes

I’m speechless. This is truly a dream come true. Time to re-play MI1&2. And it’s coming out THIS YEAR! can’t believe it! :smiley:

4 Likes

And trendig tweets worldwide right now

2 Likes

Well, I always said to myself “there’s time to play Monkey Island again with my daughters, once they can read properly” but I think this is it. I’ll be replaying them with my girls, and if they don’t like them, they can find a new family.

12 Likes

I can’t believe we’re actually talking about this! I hope they can get the original actor for Murray!
Just yesterday I was about to talk sense into some dude on a point and click forum who didn’t understand obvious Aprils Fool joke by Ron. How stupid can you be! Disney doesn’t care and Ron doesn’t want to do it through Disney! But I gave up. Some people never learn. Well, look at me now. This might be Ron’s most devious joke.

5 Likes

Like many other, I never thought this day would come
…but I’m SO HAPPY is has! :partying_face::raised_hands:

1 Like

Nice keyboard.

I am just not expecting a good art direction again :o) If Devolver can do a brilliant artworks, there must be somebody who ruins art decisions. Very skeptical.
(and we have so so so many great artists)

Can I call you Bob?

1 Like

You can hear Murray in the teaser video!

What’s the context here? You do not like Devolver’s work?

1 Like

Today’s news and the outpouring of joy and happiness it has generated, is truly unlike anything I have ever experienced in the gaming industry… I have been in such an elated mood all day.

I was so far removed from the idea of their being another MI game (let alone with the incredible Team that is lined up) that I literally rolled my eyes at Ron’s April Fool… thought no more about it and went about my business… I hadn’t posted or interacted much on here or any of my other retro or lucas based haunts in years.

I full on wept when I saw the announcement show up in news today… tears streamed down my face.

After two years of such hardship and sadness for everyone the world over, several terrible personal and emotional issues that faced me and everyones own demons… it is like a shining beacon… Something pure and happy for everyone… child-like and whimsical… a swashbuckling adventure a return to a place that we all thought was gone.

I watched the trailer and recorded my reaction for posterities sake… (it might not look it, but if you listen my voice falters several times, I am fully choked up, fighting the urge to burst into tears) what else you’ll see is my unbridled enthusiasm and excitement.

All I can say is thank you Ron, and all the team every single person who has made it a reality.

5 Likes