Ron declares he is working on a new Monkey Island

This is joy overload oh my!

music appears to be by Michael Land / McConnell / C. Bajakian !

7 Likes

The music section is as exciting! I’m curious now did Ron get the IP?

1 Like

Licensed (Lucasfilm is named in the trailer, so they still own the IP).

1 Like

I’m just imaging Ron Gilbert, about 30 minutes ago, when he announced the news:
At my signal, unleash hell.

Rapidily, #MonkeyIsland is going trend topic.

6 Likes

This is so crazy. I’m giddy like a schoolgirl at work! This is one of the few things I waited all my life!!!

1 Like

So glad they worked the licensing problems out then!

2 Likes

All these Names, seriously, that´s to much for me. That´s the best day ever. And come on 2 years of completely nothing everyone kept it 100% secret

Whaaaaa I´m going nuts

6 Likes

Exactly the same here. I’m so excited to work properly right now!

I need that Shut up and take my money meme but all I have is this t shirt

1 Like

I’m so psyched! :laughing: When Ron did his blog post on 1 April, I had a strong suspicion that this way his fiendish way of not making a joke. And now MI 3a is really coming! And with the original team, including Michael Land! Too awesome!

I just watched the trailer two times in a row, and when my unsuspecting younger daughter asked me what I was watching, I gave her a monologue about that game I’d played as a child…

9 Likes

I think I´ve watched it ten times now ^^

1 Like

Such great news, I actually never thought something like this would ever happen.

(now to wish they also remaster COMI in higher res :stuck_out_tongue: and even EMI with mouse control added :wink: haha)

At least not Ron ^^

7 Likes

I. AM. SOOO… FANGIRLING right now! I feel you all! I can’t believe I saw an actual Monkey Island in the works (saw it on his blog). At the same time, I think he was hinting on it on his blog when he mentioned something like “Donate to Guybrush”. ANYWAY I’m just really happy. I’m pregnant and I can’t wait to have my baby play it with me too. Just like how my dad used to let me play it with me (R.I.P., dad, I love you so much) :delores: :delores: :delores: :delores: :delores:

P.S. I will let my baby play it after he reaches 2 y.o. to avoid eye strains from computer monitors lol UNLESS there were a book–that would be great, too–some physical illustrated copy for my child :delores:

9 Likes

It’s shown by official trailer websites…it may be true, especially because Ron doesn’t talk about it (NDA)
but if its a true, I am glad Lucasfilm finally did some good decisions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seems like Murray is one of the characters! As a purist I hope there are not too many.

1 Like

Ron says on twitter: “Murray is in there, big time”

2 Likes

Yes I noticed that. I saw in the trailer too. :smiley:

it´s exactly like that^^

4 Likes