Strange food you should really give a try

1 Like

Five Nights At Rnholz’s.

2 Likes

Fnarnholz!

:joy:

3 Likes

Oddly accurate not only for me but most of my family really.

Back to the topic, STRANGE food… I find this food to be quite strange, even if in some italian regions it’s quite common:

chicory

It is very flavory, with a strongly bitter taste. Pleasant with some spicy red pepper.

What do you think of it? Do you find it strange as a food?

You mean this vegetable?

No, it’s common in Germany. For my taste it’s a little bit too bitter. But compared with other food/vegetables it’s not bad.

I´m lovin´ the name. Sounds cowboyish…

Chicory-dickory-doo! :cowboy_hat_face:

Not exaclty. I mean this one:

Anyway, I think they both belong to the same family. I think we call what you posted “indivia” (endive), which is also similar to radicchio.

We have chicory over here - it’s quite common in salads.

That tape measure makes it look like the chicory is a crime suspect :laughing:

4 Likes

Move over nothing to see here…oooohh chicory!

2 Likes

or a murder weapon.

3 Likes

Technically they’re all part of the chicory family, but in common parlance the ones also known as “Belgian endives” are chicory and “real” endives are the curly ones:

What variety of the endive species is in your picture exactly? They’re a bit hard to tell apart when not raw.

PS I love endives. Especially real (curly), but my coworkers think I’m weird for just eating “raw” endives and chicory either way. :smiley:

When I see a :gorilla: being fed it makes me a little jealous.

2 Likes

I bet also Modugno thought something like that, since he seems to mock at some english sound a la mode in this song entitled to cicoria

Also the name reminds me of Chick Corea…

Back to the vegetable, it’s not among those ones I eat frequently, but it’s pretty good, and since spontaneus it was used often in the diet of southern Italy. I also like the “cicoriella” (little cicoria) another vegetable which is delicious in a salad made of wild plants.

1 Like

:man_facepalming: Of course! That´s why it seemed to familliar to me!

1 Like

Lately I´ve been enjoying these winegums a lot.

I wonder what (except the possible origin of the receipe from the “House Of Dunhill”) makes them particular british? And what are they called over there, obviously not being sold as an exotic thing?

1 Like

I love wine gums, but the traditional kind:

LN_009063_BP_11

Trust Haribo to make it a novelty thing :roll_eyes:

I’ll have to look out for them. I reckon they don’t sell those ones here - not branded like that anyway.

Ah, so that were it comes from.

At the moment I have a box filled with a few bags one of them Haribo the other by another brand and I really cannot tell the difference.

1 Like

My grandma used to make salad from those, which I didn’t have in a looooooong time. I’ve been thinking about it lately, and a number of other dishes (like Carthusian dumplings with vanilla sauce), but did not yet have the opportunity to prepare it myself.

Where are you from? (Or your grandma.)

From northern Bavaria.

Btw., Discourse suggests I should stop talking to you:

You’ve already replied 3 times to @Frenzie in this particular topic.
Have you considered replying to other people in the discussion, too?

No worry guys, just post some good stuff like Frenzie does, and I might deign to give you a little of my attention :smile:.

3 Likes