Strange food you should really give a try

I knew that you would come up with this. :wink:

Crap I don´t like being predictable.

1 Like

The dreaded seasonal vegetable … which is in season all year round.

1 Like

I’m quite picky for vegetables… yet I don’t understand why broccoli should be so infamous.

I think it is because of the bad smell that any cauliflower-type vegetable make when cooked, but it has nothing to do with their flavour.

One nice thing about broccoli is that you can find (at least in Italy) many fancy varieties. All you geek and nerd over there will literally fall in love with the Fibonacci sequences of the fractals in a Broccolo Romanesco!

But The one I love the most is Broccolo Fiolaro. It is very rare even in Italy, but, trust me, try to remember its name and if you manage to find it somewhere, don’t lose the opportunity of tasting it! I’ve had it only a couple of times in my life. You don’t eat the flowers (like in regular Broccoli), but the leaves, which have a peculiar and subtle flavour which was beloved by your fellow illustrious compatriot Goethe.

1 Like

During my time in the U.S., plenty of restaurants would have “this and that with seasonal vegetables” on the menu. But no matter the season, the vegetable was always broccoli (of the ordinary kind).

I don’t mind it (nor it’s varieties), but whenever I see it (or see seasonal vegetables offered in a restaurant), it greatly amuses me. So I just had to leave that comment :slight_smile:.

Simple: It tastes horrible (like other kale vegetables) and let you fart.

1 Like

Oh, that explains everything! :smiley:
In the USA, the season of vegetables has more to do with fashion than with nature! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Anyway, broccoli are in season between september and march, at least in italian latitudes.

We’ve had this discussion yet, I was waiting for you, my friend :blush:

1 Like

Official party pooper(*) at your service! :wink:

(*) In this discussion it has a second meaning! :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

About ostrich meat…

I’ve eaten it in South Africa for the first time.
I love that there they have a lot of wonderful meats we don’t have.
Ostrich and zebra are quite common and tasty, but my favourite ones are the antelopes, which can have a very wide variety of meats among species.
If you manage to visit South Africa (or, more generally, one of the countries of southern Africa) I suggest to look for the Springbok. I’ve never, I say never, eaten such a delicious meat. sweet, tender, flavoury but delicate… fantastic.

Little fun fact: “ostrica” in italian doesn’t mean “ostrich”. It means “oyster”. BTW, they have fantastic oysters, too in southern Africa. :yum:

3 Likes

I know I’m late to the party and the fridge now, but SPANISH OMELETTE.

I had the best Spanish omelettes for brekkie in Mauritius*. They chucked everything in, including chilli, which I will be adding to mine from now on.

*last reference to Mauritius. Maybe.

I just at it all like that: :sweat:

Well, you know, maybe you just ate it like that so that next time you know what flavours will work with it.

1 Like

Hey @someone I finally found those neatly cardboard packaged ones, here!

20180926_212606

1 Like

Their logo doesn’t really work when they sell them like that #pedantic

Rename them Solox? Singelix?

Twi.

Goretex fear

1 Like

ThinWhitebrIX?

1 Like

Dix.

Sorry, that wasn’t very witty.