Tell me your dreams

Well if you were , that would make you special

1 Like

Maybe I’m crazy, but sometimes I can tell by someone’s eyes that they speak a different language. They could have completely normal clothes so as not to give away where they’re from, but something about the eyes/the thoughts behind suggests they speak a language other than mine. Anyone else know what I mean?

In dream news I woke up from a very tedious surreal and not at all relaxing one this morning. I was doing SQL joins, but instead of 2 database tables I was trying to join one with myself. I don’t even know how that works. It was after a long day programming a report. :tired_face:

A little but not really. I wish there was some way to put this to the test…

1 Like

I tend to spot people from the Netherlands on sight, before hearing them. Not all of course, but let’s say 3 out of 5. Which is remarkable given they only speak a different dialect of my language. It must be a physiognomy thing I guess.

1 Like

I had the very same image immediately, but I was too lazy to find and link a clip.

1 Like

@milanfahrnholz
or something like this:

I had some fun this afternoon :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I thought that was going to be you singing for a moment there!

2 Likes

I edited that part out… but it is me playing all right.

2 Likes

Fun fact. I once sang with a local Deep Purple tribute band, while their singer was in the bathroom. We did Highway Star. It was so much fun. Should have recorded it.

When he came back I joked:“Oh you´re still here? Well now this is awkward…”

The thread title just took on a new meaning! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I like hitting that high G at the beginning!

1 Like

My daughter, 4.5yo, was trying to tell me her dream, but I suppose she just wanted to tell me she loves me. “I dreamed a star but it was not yellow but red like the heart and red means love”.

Then her sister, 2.5yo, joined the conversation. “I dreamed a cow that was in danger!”. It made me laugh.

I, instead, dreamed I was in a Chinese restaurant, but it was full of bugs, cockroaches, caterpillars, there was even a big beetle in the ice cream and it was supposed to be there. And our waiter was Mark Zuckerberg. At the end of the meal, my sister told me “ask the waiter where the bathroom is so I can ask him where to find those trays, they’re the right measure for my plates”.

3 Likes

So you just had yourself a double feature of The Social Network and Temple Of Doom and you kinda dozed off between the opening scene and the Pankot Palace dinner scene in the second film, and merged it all together there?

3 Likes

That’s quite a straightforward dream for you!

2 Likes

First I dreamt that the son of my fav novelist was staying over. I had to make sure he caught his flight back in time.
Then I was in a big auditorium filled with every single current and former co-worker I ever met. I was feeling very upset that they were not paying attention to solve this issue we were brought in to fix. So I locked all doors with a key and started shouting angrily.
Some people tried to leave but they couldn’t of course. I thought my plan was working well! Then I saw a professor outside with his class waiting and trying to get in, because jos class started here at 11:00 and it was already 11:10.
So I dreadfully opened the doors and everyone escaped.
I accepted my defeat and stopped dreaming after that.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty boring dream…
I wanted to dream something more exciting. I guess dreams and reality balance each other out, so I should be happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought it was interesting in terms of the feelings it evoked.

Maybe you could learn to lucid dream and next time rip out their tendrils and use them as puppets to fix the issue you wanted solved.

Or, you know, something less violent.

2 Likes

1 Like

All you needed to do next was leave, and take the key with you!
Then go on holiday. :grin:

3 Likes