Terrible Toybox Ask-Me-Anything on Reddit, Sept. 26th, 2017

Indeed. Especially after he wrote somewhere that the close-ups didn’t work in Monkey Island I.

The problem then was for him that he thought the realistic closeups weren´t consistent with the overall abstract art style. If he´d do something like that now, he´d probably take a lot of care that everything fits together well.

Or maybe he´s talking about extreme close ups…

2 Likes

Maybe just close-ups of objects you can use (like the phone in TWP)? Though I did assume he meant people close-ups too…

I´m also intrigued by the establishing shots. There were the pirate ship in MI1 and the fortress in MI2 and those three at the beginning of TwP. But in in general not much like this has been done before.

what has a toner cartridge to do with fingerprint powder?

I’m not an artist, but how will you do/draw it? If the camera shows only the head, you have much more pixels. So either you use really “big” pixels or you have a detailed portrait like in Monkey Island.

Is here an artist in the house who can help? :slight_smile:

A toner cartridge contains (black) powder.

1 Like

One never stops learning :slight_smile:

More informations here:

No, I’ve seen the mess that toner powder can do when it’s accidentally spread all around. It’s a clear image in my mind. :stuck_out_tongue: I think that I could have guessed that solution.

3 Likes

what are establishing shots?

1 Like

Possibly related: I think the scene should show what the character is talking about, not the character talking (whether in a closeup or not).

Yes. It’s obvious when you’ve worked in an office and had to be the one who changed the toner hundreds of times.
The problem I would have is assuming the toner should be given to Delores and not for the fingerprint kit.