The 2018 what are we playing thread

I had mentioned Planet X3 in the DOS gaming topic before. :slight_smile:

As for an update to what I’m playing:

• After about 50 hours, I put Kingdom Come: Deliverance on hold for now. There’s interesting DLC coming up, and I’d rather wait for that before completing the game.
  • I played RiME, after getting it for free during the GOG sale. Not too long or difficult, and even somewhat surprising :slight_smile:. Can recommend if you like exploration with some simple puzzles. Runs on Linux using wine.
  • I played Gorogoa. Liked that very, very much! A bit of a shame that the actual artwork is so tiny, because it is so rich and detailed and fascinating. Runs perfectly under wine.
  • I started Pillars of the Earth, but it’s not really my cup of tea. Despite there being hardly any puzzles, I managed to get stuck in chapter 3 of book 1, and have not yet mustered the energy to figure out how to progress.
  • Took a peek at Melancholy Republic, a game I had backed on Kickstarter that is somewhat similar to To the Moon. Apparently it’s a somewhat sombre experience, and I am not currently in the mood for drama, so I’ll put it aside for now.
  • I started Pillars of Eternity II. Fairly good, but likely waiting for the next couple patches before diving into it for real.
  • Just yesterday I bought Forgotton Anne. Had some freezes with vanilla wine, so today I tried with wine + DXVK and that was better. Stopped playing after about 5 minutes when a message popped up that said (roughly translated) “this could have played out differently”. I totally love the art style, and the gameplay seemed alright as well, but why does it have to blatantly disrupt the narrative flow like that!?

By and large, there aren’t any truly captivating games around right now. The only one I am really looking forward to is Heaven’s Vault, even more so after reading this article.

2 Likes