The 2018 what are we playing thread

Retro CR is getting a sequel btw it’s known as Shakedown Hawaii…and it’s awesome!
Can’t wait to try it out…

1 Like

Horray! I did it! :smiley:

2 Likes

U are playing on PS?

PS4, yes.

1 Like

Gr8! U are so lucky… Do u play fortnite?

Nope, sorry.

There is a building in Retro City Rampage that says:

“Mmucas Flem”

The game first came out in 2012.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

Do you have a screenshot?

1 Like

I think I could make one hold on a bit.

1 Like

5 Likes

Hm… I would read that as “Mucus Flem”:thinking:

1 Like

Yes it´s spelled differently but the gag is the same. And they even mimick (within the constraints of the graphics) the lettering that goes from big to small and back to big again.

grafik

3 Likes

What the… :exploding_head:

Is this a deeper reference than we realised?

OH GOD DON’T GOOGLE IT :nauseated_face:

Just watched most of this video looking for any info but didn’t glean much apart from them saying ‘I think it’s a LucasArts reference’.

In fact they’re not great at the references. ‘Oh bodacious - that must be like Tenacious D - Bodacious D?’ and they totally missed one to Axel from Streets of Rage.

Great!!! So, even the name “MMucasFlem” was not totally random! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There are so many I´m not even sure I got all of them. The best part were parodies of the gaming/publishing industry and one segment making fun of the the whole violent video game/media debate. It´s a fantastic satire really and much more than a game of spot the references (which was also lots of fun).

1 Like

There must be some undercover LucasFilm alumnus there…

2 Likes

And I´m still not sure why he was afraid I wasn´t looking for a serious answer…:thinking:

I had sent Ron, back then, an audio sample file where one of our young boy actors (aged 9) was trying to say “MMucasFlem Games”, he tried a bunch of times, poor boy!
It was during the auditions for Teddy the hotel kid, for the italian dubbing.

That’s the reason why I asked Ron, in that message, “Who is the culprit” :slight_smile:

What happened to him? Did he get the job? :wink: