I built the Cave itself, man!

1 Like

So youā€™re a Caveman?

Ron Gilbert? The creator of the Cave?

Too much candy, creator of cavities.

Imagine a VR version of The Cave.

Or, imagine a real-life replica.

OR, a Ron Gilbert Theme Parkā„¢ with the following rides:

• The Cave ā€“ abseil and pothole your way about finding trinkets. Donā€™t get captured by the miner!
  • Maniac Mansion haunted house (on one of those classic caster tracks that goes in and out of bits of the house)
  • Secret of Monkey Island official, licensed, definitely-not-a-rip-off Pirate Ride
  • Indy assault course
  • Thimbleweed Park Epcot
  • Zak McKracken log flume (not my favourite game :stuck_out_tongue:)

Disclaimer: weā€™ve likely discussed this before but I donā€™t remember.

4 Likes

btw: Canā€™t you play The Cave in VR? Ok, you are watching it still from the side but the game uses a 3D engine.

You mean Big Whoop?

How about an actual cave I just hiked to? And Iā€™m standing in right now?

She hasnā€™t played it yetā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I donĀ“t think there is a PS4 version for The Cave. But I could play it in VR. Playing non VR games with VR is like watching them on a really really big screen.

Pics or you know the rest.

People all over the world should play Monkey Island in school! Unbelievable that there are people who havenā€™t played that greatest game of all games!

That sounds brilliant! :smiley:

3 Likes

Canā€™t you run PS3 games on the PS4?

So there is no 3D effect? For example that the tunnels seem to be ā€œinā€ the TV?

Give me a minute to catch my breath!!
I have added a link above now.

I guess, but I was thinking more like one you can actually walk into and around.

:thinking:

Nope, heā€™s confused me again.

Oh, I see. Is this MI2 related? Iā€™ve played the first one.

But, does it have a cursed guitar and a smurg? Hm?

It is a nice cave, though.

1 Like

Nope.

You see no TV anymore. Just the Screen floating in Air. Maybe it bends a little but that is it. ItĀ“s like playing the game in a movie theater.

Nice!

1 Like

Yes, but I would like to know what is possible with the current version of the game.

Ah, Ok. Iā€™ve only experiences with the ā€œoldā€ 3D glasses that you use(d) in front of a common display or TV. Back then it was possible to watch every 3D game in 3D - with mixed results, but it was possible. :slight_smile:

Nope :sob: (what the hell is a smurg?)
But it has me in it! :smile:

Ah -I didnā€™t see your spoiler in this bright sunlight!, thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, but playing VR is not really like wearing 3D glasses, itĀ“s very different than that in general.

1 Like