The 2018 what are we playing thread

Is there a way to do that on my current hardware?

That was not really my question, though.

Buy it on Gog:

https://www.gog.com/game/starflight_1_2

Play the DOS version online:

Play the Sega version online:

2 Likes

Well, I just started No ManĀ“s Sky. ItĀ“s not bad I guess.

1 Like

Not initially, though it does tend to get repetitive sooner or later. I bought it about a year after release (also on discount) and it was fun enough for the first 20-30 hours.

I had some problems with the atmospheric flight mechanics (planets appeared to rotate faster than the ship was able to move, which seemed weird) and I never was able to shoot anything down during space combat, but overall it was well worth my 25ā‚¬.

I paid the current 18 ā‚¬ and for some gameplay that doesnĀ“t stress me out too much in this heat it seems just about right.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s it. Thatā€™s how I take it, small doses, no burnout, just wander around and enjoyā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve started playing Little Nightmares.

Itā€™s not bad, but after just playing Inside it doesnā€™t really match up. Itā€™s a similar style, though. I donā€™t think itā€™s scaring me as much as itā€™s supposed to. Maybe Iā€™m just desensitised.

1 Like

Perhaps you better play something fluffy and happy first with no danger and risk of horrible deaths. Like a Sierra adventure game?

Haha, yes maybe I shouldā€™ve played MI2 first.

1 Like

I think I may have reached a point where ā€œscaring meā€ might not be the correct expression anymore. More like ā€œadmiring the unusualā€. This looks beautiful to me and I guess IĀ“d enjoy it from that standpoint more than expecting to get scared or anything(unless that is supposed to be the appeal of the game, I donĀ“t know).

Yeah, I know what you mean. It does a good job of that, though Inside does a much, much better one. I happily let myself die a few times in that game because it was so intriguing to watch.

I think taking a break implies a conscious decision, but unintentionally I am too.

Oh, so youĀ“re obstructed somehow? :frowning:

I suppose a little in that itā€™s too hot, but I could play something out here on the balcony. (Where Iā€™m currently watching the It series from 1990 on my laptop.) I just havenā€™t felt a particular desire to play anything over doing other things. :wink:

I always play more games in the winter months anyway.

But yeah, I couldnā€™t play anything that requires a proper GPU even if I wanted to. Sure, letā€™s pump more heat into the houseā€¦ :smiley:

Yeah, the heat is the main reason for me not playing much of anything at the moment,too.

I did actually play DmC last year while it was hot. It was just that good.

I built myself a base inside a cave that I carved into a mountain.

ItĀ“s a work in progress, but itĀ“s a good shelter from radiocactive storms and agressive killer drones. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Neat, like a super villain cave.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the only thing missing would be a nuclear missle on the plateu outside. :slight_smile:

So you built a man cave in a cave, basically?
:smile:

1 Like