The 2018 what are we playing thread

Finished:

• Hero-U
    Text-heavy, light RPG with a few puzzles and Sauerbraten. Liked it a lot, but had wished for more adventure-style gameplay.

Started:

• State of Mind
    Stylish.
  • Bards Tale I (Remastered)
    Having a blast with this one. Plays pretty much like I remember it from the Amiga, only this time I actually know what to do. The first game in a long time that I find hard to stop playing.
2 Likes

I needed some help from @tasse-tee though ! :joy:

2 Likes

I finally finished Little Nightmares! It got scary *shudder* Iā€™ve decided itā€™s a better game than I first thought, but still not as good as Inside.

Update:

January
Finished:
The Cave
What Remains of Edith Finch
Maniac Mansion

February
Finished:
Thomas Was Alone
Midnight Scenes: Highway

March
Finished:
The Secret of Monkey Island

July
Finished:
Inside

September
Started: Hidden Folks

Finished:
Little Nightmares

Which works out perfectly as when I get back from holiday I can start Monkey Island 2 :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wheeehe! All we need to do now then is bring @tasse-tee to finally play Thimbleweed Park hard mode! :ransome: :ray: :reyes: :delores: :franklin:

3 Likes

How can we achieve that? :thinking:

I donĀ“t know. Pleading cat pics, maybe?

4 Likes

Say things like:
ā€˜Itā€™s a richer experience.ā€™
ā€˜You havenā€™t technically completed it until you play on hard.ā€™
ā€˜There are more Easter eggs.ā€™
ā€˜We can give you hints.ā€™

All those things would work for me, anyway!

3 Likes

By that logic I should probably put the cat from the above pic in a castle man costume.

Et voila: purrrrfect!

1 Like

index

@tasse-tee you should start playing the hard mode of TWP immediately because itā€™s a richer experience and you havenā€™t technically completed it until you play on hard. Beside that, there are more Easter eggs and we can give you hints!

3 Likes

That pic is one of the top results and I had almost used that. :laughing:

1 Like

It was the cutest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that is unfair to the other cat. It is also only a human being afterall!

Waitā€¦

1 Like

Well, at least he is:

2 Likes

I finished Guardians of the Galaxy and the Costume Quest expansion last week. Apparently I had literally stopped playing the game right before the final boss battle whenever that was. (Well over half a year ago.)

I started playing Costume Quest 2 and Tiberian Sun. Iā€™d swear Tiberian Sun looked better on a 14 inch CRT thoughā€¦

2 Likes

I have the same impression with other old games - the older the games are the more I miss an old CRT. :slight_smile:

But I donā€™t miss the framedrops during fancy lighting effects like ion storms. :rofl:

Edit: also, I played it on my laptop. I ought to give it a go on my desktop monitor instead.

1 Like

:smiley_cat: :smiley_cat: Awwwā€¦ :relaxed: :two_hearts:

Well, the persuasive power of cute cats and great points combined has prevailed. Iā€™ll start playing TWP Hard Modeā€¦ right now!! :smile:

Iā€™ll make a thread once I get stuck or have something interesting to say.

@PiecesOfKate @milanfahrnholz

4 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to helping someone else for a change. Though there will probably be a mad scramble to reply since quite a few of us will know the answer :wink:

2 Likes

Great! Well, it appears my work on this planet is complete!

2 Likes

I wonder if itā€™s been long enough since i played it to replay in unbeeped mode. I started a few months back (when it came out) but decided it hadnā€™t been quite long enough yet.

1 Like