The 2018 what are we playing thread

I reckon so!

1 Like

I did of course not even consider playing anything other than hard mode. I learnedā€¦ oh, about twenty years ago that you missed a lot of fun stuff in easy mode. :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah, thatā€™s another motivation for me to replay the game! :grin:

If you all give me cryptic hints, then chances are youā€™ll all be saying different things, so you can all reply at the same time :blush:

Waaaaiiiiiiit. come back!! :flying_saucer: :running_woman:

3 Likes

Push! No pull!

Or was that in easy mode too? The second hardest puzzle of the game, probably.

The hardest was mailing something out of your own mailbox. I suspect that one was probably considered simple enough to be in easy mode as well. :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry, but youĀ“ll have to get the game on PC for that if you havenĀ“t already. No unbeeped version on the Switch or other consoles.

I just found out thereā€™s Wine for Android, so on my x86 Zenfone 2 I could probably play the Windows version actually. :smiley:

For me it was the wrench. I definitely spent the most time on that one.

Talking about the most difficult puzzles in the game was one of this forums very first threads. I think IĀ“m getting nostalgic over here. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Hmmā€¦ opening a door? :thinking: If not, no idea then.

Yeah, I think that was in easy casual mode. :smiley:

Got it! :smile:

3 Likes

getting the tools out of sexy Rykerā€™s hotel room. But I think I got stuck one more time.

Well, actually the difficult part is that I missed where the thing you needed flew out of Ransomeā€™s trailer. The push/pull thing was more of a UX flaw where it was a bit of a struggle to figure out what would do what.

Yeah, thatā€™s when I found out you couldnā€™t stick multiple characters in the elevator at the same time. But it was more of a technical challenge. :slight_smile:

I dunno, I thought TWP was designed really, really, REALLY well. It was challenging at times but it basically never felt unfair or like I should just grab a walkthrough. Except for that one puzzle I just mentioned, lol. I went to the mansion library, called up the HelperTronā„¢, and had to go all the way to the end of the tree where it pretty much just gives you the solution. Itā€™s a bit annoying that way. ā€œYes, I know. Yes, I know. I freaking know that too, yes!ā€ Alternatively I couldā€™ve gone for the ā€œI donā€™t know how to play Leisure Suit Larry 5 so Iā€™m just going to try everything on everythingā€ tactic, I suppose. I did that in Monkey Island for the lulz, but TWP didnā€™t seem to have a wide array of funny negative responses.

(I did that walkthrough thing in TouchƩ for example. Never finished it either.)

1 Like

Then Iā€™ll finish TWP in German. :slight_smile:

I canā€™t remember if it was the hardest, but it was one of the hardest puzzles. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait till I get around playing Space Quest again! I gave up right at the escape pod at the beginning with the countdown to self-destruct.

1 Like

Oh, yeah! Donā€™t remind me of this!

1 Like

you should play Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :slight_smile:
(no further spoilers)

1 Like

:grimacing: I thought you had learned this in the language thread.

But not around midnight during my work ā€¦ :wink:

You use that like others say ā€œbut I was drunk!ā€

Oh yeah! You should definitely get back on that. Itā€™s worth it so you can then play SQ2, which IMHO is the best one.

Because itā€™s true. :slight_smile: Iā€™m not able to concentrate properly around that time, especially if I still have to work. (And yes, itā€™s a sign that I have to go to bed.)