The 2022 what are we playing thread

Following @ZakPhoenixMcKracken’s tip, I’ve been playing Life is Strange: True Colors the past few days.

I find it a tad disappointing after episode 1 (I just started episode 5), but it’s very good looking and it also has a lot of stuff that was cute and enjoyable. This is the kind of game where you can just wander around the environments a bit enjoying how nice they look. The “plot twist” was something I was afraid they might do all the way back in ep 1 when that character was first introduced, since it would be identical to the first LiS. I’m disappointed that I was right. Seemingly subverting that fear with the ending to the LARP was a nice touch though. Heck, almost everything about the story is extremely similar to the first LiS.

You could say in some ways it’s also oddly similar to Tell Me Why in being worse than LiS even though Tell Me Why was made by dontnod and this wasn’t.

Perhaps it’s still a bit early to write this, but my tentative conclusion is that if you liked LiS and its successors you’ll enjoy this one well enough, but if you didn’t like LiS that much you’d probably better skip this one. The highlights so far were most of episode 1 and the LARP. I don’t expect that to change, but we’ll see soon enough.