The 2024 what are we playing thread

I finished Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on the DSi

I’ve started D&D: Pool of Radiance after seeing SKALD as that gave me the same vibe as seeing advertisements for Pool of Radiance (and some others in that series) way back on the C64. (Though in hindsight the screenshots were probably from the Amiga or Atari ST versions). Anyway, SKALD is on my wish list, but as I have all the other gold box SSI games (and then some) in my GoG library, it’ll take a while before I get there.

4 Likes

Please report! I’m still not sure if I should buy the gold box SSI games. I haven’t played them back then but I consider to catch up now someday in the future.

I’ve been playing Cyberpunk 2077. It’s a rather huge game. The graphics are very nice and the gameplay is mostly interesting.

1 Like

I was on the fence about those for a while, too, and in the end decided not to bother. One thing that irks me about D&D, and I assume it’s part of the gold box games as well, is the way magic works: if I have to memorize a spell before casting, but don’t know what kind of encounter will be next, I’ll never be prepared unless I take a peek, reload, and then do my buffs and offensive spells accordingly. Plus, I guess these old games are rather heavy on combat and light on story …

But yeah, @Sushi, please do share your experience. I’d be happy to be proven wrong :slight_smile:.

1 Like

After having finished RtMI several months ago, I have been playing Sonic Mania. It is very nostalgic to me, because I used to play the early Sonic games during my childhood. What a great homage it pays! I hardly get to continue it, though, because I do not have much time. And even though I am almost at the ending (it’s the next-to-last level), my motivation has decreased a bit since I have been stuck somewhere. This might change, if I manage to make progress again. Overall, I really have enjoyed this game and would recommend it to anyone interested.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation, I just bought it… I like to play through Sonic 1-3 occasionally, so this looks like a nice addition.

1 Like

I have been playing it with my children. The younger one is a Sonic fan. We are having fun so far, but I believe we are only 1/3 into the game.

4 Likes