The (adventure) games on sale thread

For this price it’s a no brainer!

If there is only interest in Lost Horizon series there is also the Lost Horizon Double Pack for 5 EUR (-75%).

The “first” games are better than the later ones. For example “Secret Files 1: Tunguska” is much better than “Secret Files 3”. And even the first games in a series are only “good” and not outstanding adventures games. But if you like Indiana Jones type of adventures it’s likely that you will like these games too. And IMHO the six games are worth 8 Euros - but not 40 Euros.

1 Like

Depends on what you mean by that, but I did enjoy Fate of Atlantis.

If you like Fate of Atlantis then you should give the games from Animation Arts a go. :slight_smile: They aren’t as good as FoA, but worth a play.

2 Likes

There are a bunch of adventure games on sale on GOG for the next two days:

And a bundle on itch.io:

4 Likes

Are those games worth a buy?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LittleGirl_inMo/status/1195260211528814592

3 Likes

Yeah guys, they’re all good.

Bertram Fiddle has great writing (very funny) and great graphics… very good voiceover. the author is an illustrator. good puzzles. (Actualy I’ve played the second one, and only briefly the first one, but it’s the same). The second one is not as easy as they say.

Clam man has the funniest writing… a masterpiece in writing. The part with Bosman had me roll on the floor, seriously. The guy’s a genius. Also the scenes with the sandbags and the mafioso guys are great. Though, I hear it does not have real puzzles. His references are Tarantino, Guy Ritchie (snatch), Arrested Development, Chinatown. (he says this in his interview, in the latest adventure games podcast episode)

I’ve started “yet another hero story” and it has nice Monkey Island vibes. Feels polished. definitely worth it.

Legend of Hand is very good and very original. A nice blend of puzzles and story. The author is a guarantee. (Shaun Aitcheson, the same of Sumatra and Football game).

Beard in the Mirror: I’ve finished it, and it has nice puzzles and a nice Sierra feel. Not a short game at all.

Captain disaster: I’ve played only 20 minutes, and feels like a nice blend of Zak and Space Quest . Puzzle oriented, just as I like them. :slight_smile: Not sure about the humor yet.

3 Likes

I only know Bertram Fiddle and Captain Disaster, which is already a yes.

I can definitely see MI vibes there!

Seems like every single one of those games is worth a try.

2 Likes

Thank you, @Frenzie, @seguso and @Nor_Treblig! Bought. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All Daedalic games are on sale this week on GOG (which contain a lot of adventure games of course).
So in case you need to complete your collection:

5 Likes

I hear Vampyr has GOG achievements now.

Bitchin’! \m/ It’s now available DRM-free for € 22.50.

1 Like

Maize for 5 Euros on Gog:

https://www.gog.com/game/maize

2 Likes

Not exactly on topic, but the Steam controller is on sale for ~15 (5.50 + 9 shipping).

looks like I was just too late to grab the last of their stock… it was in my shopping cart but then:

ah well… I still have a mouse + keyboard

[edit: when I wanted to close Steam after a few hours, I saw I could order it! And then while filling out payment info, it couldn’t process as it was just out of stock again. But I tried a few times and finally it got through - probably someone else removing it from their cart - sorry for that! Looking forward to using it to play some mouse-driven games. Or sell it for a 10-fold on ebay :grin: ]

1 Like

Yesterday I couldn’t manage to pay for it through Steam itself. It timed out with some kind of error, but it worked in Firefox. It never said out of stock though. :slight_smile:

Btw, they say they ship from the Netherlands so € 9 seems awful steep. >_> I figured that whatever, I would have seriously considered buying it even if it was € 25 total but it just feels a bit weird.

1 Like

Gog offers several adventure games during his Black Friday sale - including “Yesterday” (new on Gog, btw), “Yestarday Orginis”, “The Next Big Thing” and “Maize”:

Gog.com

3 Likes

There are quite few sold for dirt cheap. I bought The Last Express (it’s a crime I haven’t played it) and the last one with Tex Murphy, which is fairly new. Realistically, I expect to play it when it will be as old as The Last Express is now, and after it has been given for free 11 times.

2 Likes

I’ve started Ghetto Conspiracy and it’s good… the humour and the puzzles are definitely there… the graphics too. The puzzles have just the right difficulty, not too easy… I’m curious to see where it’s going. :slight_smile:

3 Likes