The (adventure) games on sale thread

ouch ! I see…

1 Like

I would perhaps not let the initial confusion prevent you from getting further into the game. In the end, it’s all flavor and not really relevant for the plot. It soon goes places I never had heard of either, and it’s more the personal story of Geron than one of those “save this place I have no connection with and interest in” adventures.

That said, of course, part of its appeal to me was that I could revisit the setting and see and learn new aspects about it. I guess as an introduction to The Dark Eye, it’s not the best choice.

2 Likes

To be clear, one of the best games I played in the 2010s was Primordia and that’s not at all exciting and also super depressing.

2 Likes

I guess there needs to be something to pique your interest, then it doesn’t matter how (un)exciting the game actually is to get invested and pulled in.

I actually bought and played a few hours of Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One, and while it sounded fantastic in theory, it was one of the most boring experiences I had in a long while. Sometimes it just doesn’t click, while someone else has the time of their life. That’s unfortunate but fine.

2 Likes

Wadjet Eye games on Humble Bundle for the next 21 days.

Except for Hob’s Harrow but you get a 33% discount coupon for it that expires on the 8th of February as well.

3 Likes

Too bad I already own them all. :laughing:

Unavowed is awesome, Strangeland I haven’t really played yet but I bought it on GOG and played a little, seemed really good, Primordia is one of the best games of the 2010s, Shardlight is a bit meh but it looks cool, Technobabylon is cute, worth checking out, Resonance I seem to own but haven’t played yet, the Blackwell stuff is kinda all over the place but worth checking out, Gemini Rue is great and The Shivah I once started on Android a decade ago but dropped (probably because Android).

1 Like

But the games are not DRM free - right? :thinking:

It’s just a Steam redeem as far as I understood.

Also I’d like to find a site where you can buy the time needed to play them because now my library is getting bigger and bigger.

5 Likes

I have some of them DRM-free on Humble (it includes Steam redeem as well). Has modern Humble dropped DRM-free completely then?

No, you can still buy DRM-free games in the Humble Store. You can even activate a filter for DRM-free games.

But it seems that they stopped selling DRM-free games in their bundles.

1 Like

In my case, it was an introduction. Even though I was one of those who disliked the fairies realm, I enjoyed the game, after all. Not one of the best games of all time, but good. The settings are very atmospheric, in my opinion. I especially like the medieval elements. I’m looking forward to play Memoria, too, one day.

1 Like

65% off on steam:

review: After You: Level Escape review – Puzzles come first in this raw but engaging, unapologetically challenging game | Adventure Game Hotspot

I just put my game, “Pirate Theme Park: A Short Adventure” on sale for a couple of weeks…
So now it’s $3.95… which is 34% off!

2 Likes

Free only today: https://transcenders.itch.io/knife-sisters

“Knife Sisters”
immagine

1 Like