The drinks thread

A peculiar soft grog alcohol free drink I like, is the Chinotto [pron. Kee-not-toh]
It’s a fruit relative to the orange, but it’s more bitter.
3127fmH9Z9L

3 Likes

I’ll have myself one of these virgin mojito-like sanpellegrinos right now. It’s still hot enough for it!

2 Likes

I know it very well :joy:

I mean, the background :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

yeah, I figured I had to do that to prove I really was holding it right now

1 Like

Do you believe we are in a trial?
phoenix-sheepish(b)

Oh… wait…

2 Likes

In short. It´s a pint of dark beer, half a liter bottle of coke and 4 cl of cherry liquer put together in a big mug. Didn´t have that one in a long time.

3 Likes

Looks good!

Ok, I’m gonna rewrite here something about this delicious bavarian beer I drank some weeks ago. I guess it’s the Hacker-Pschorr Weissbier. I drank it like it was water…

I entered the pub and asked the bartender a beer not too much bitter. And she served me this delicious and refreshing beer. Not a quarter of hour and I was asking for the second round.

Hold it right there, you´re not in a german fraternity. I mean I´m sure you can do without the fencing scars.

Are you talking about the university fraternities of the early twentieth century?

1 Like

Yes, and they go back to the early 19th century (Napoleonic times).

I’ve watched a nice documentary on Germany (from Fribourg to Hannover on trains, following a tourist guide of the 1913). It’s part of a series called Great Continental Railway Journeys. And they talked about those fraternities too.

1 Like

I linked to this blog post on twitter a while ago, covers many grounds:

1 Like

So, what’s your favourite…

…thirst quencher (the drink you turn to when thirsty)?
…cocktail (or mocktail if you don’t drink alcohol)?
…summer drink?
…winter drink?

Mine:

• Very weak orange squash (cordial)
  • Pina colada or margarita
  • Elderflower gin and tonic (has to be Fever Tree!) or a cold beer like Hoegaarden or Brahma if I’m in a lager mood
  • Mulled cider
  • a coke (but when I’m really thirsty: water)
  • mojita
  • home made lemonade
  • hot coke. I mean chocolate.

Hi, I’m Sushi and I’m a non-alcoholic…

1 Like

I’m a big fan!

That, and the prosecco extra dry.

1 Like

Is that a virgin mojito? I’m guessing, as never heard of it with an ‘a’.

1 Like

1 Has to be Pepsi.
2 I like carribean rum punch.
3 Might be the one I mentioned above if it turns out it´s as good as I remember it.
4 My favourite liquor in winter is any sort creme chocolaty stuff.

My favourite liquor in general, winter or summer might well be Amarula. It´s just super tasty.

The linguist in me says it´s a female.

2 Likes

I just looked that up and it looks quite nice. Is it quite sugary and honey-like?

It has hint of caramel. Like toffee. I once tried a cheap offshot but that was too sweet. The original is just right. Not too chocolaty (at first I thought it was a bit like Bailey´s but a direct comparison showed that´s not really true at all).

1 Like

Yes, the girly type of mojito. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like