The drinks thread

Notes
Kettle for size comparison.
I did not drink all that tonight.

3 Likes

:open_mouth:
Well, it say 2L right there on the bottle…

1 Like

Huh, cider… how does it keep?

It’s still (I don’t know why that article says it’s slightly sparkling - this isn’t, and to my knowledge most scrumpies aren’t) - so it doesn’t really go off. That bottle doesn’t fit in our fridge though, which is annoying!

Mmm… cider

You know what tastes great with that?

2 Likes

:drooling_face:

…just plain fresh water! Any flavour would leave some thirsty feeling in my mouth… If I sweated a lot, I like a Gatorade-like drink, but after finishing it I often drink some water to wash my mouth.
…Margarita.
…New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc with food, or Caipirinha as aperitivo.
…Barolo or a Super Tuscan with food, “calimero” as a winter cocktail when it’s really cold.

1 Like

Good idea to distinguish between with/without food. Admittedly I wouldn’t want to drink mulled cider with a meal – so I’d probably go for red wine there.

That calimero sounds nice. I’ve never seen that in England.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if you did. Even here it isn’t common, sometimes I make it by myself asking for a Bombardino and an espresso and I mix them together. Bombardino Itself can’t be found everywhere every time. It must be winter, and you can find it omly in mountain touristic regions.

1 Like

This is an aperol spritz.

I meant to take a photo before I drank most of it.

Aperol spritz

• Lots of ice
  • One third aperol
  • One third prosseco
  • One third lemonade
3 Likes

It’s the first time I see a spritz with lemonade… could be nice. I’ll try it.

In Italy the recipe is different… it is 3 parts prosecco, 2 parts Aperol, 1 part soda.

I love the “Campari spritz” variation, using Campari instead of Aperol, since it has a more bitter taste.

Cheers!

EDIT: I have some Falanghina as a leftover from yesterday… that could make a nice aperitivo…
I forgot to ask: is it common to find Spritz in the UK?
I discovered it 20 years ago in Padova (It was common only there), but in the last 15/10 years it became very popular. Since it is very easy to prepare, you can find it everywhere in Italy nowadays.

1 Like

Do you have “frosecco” in Italy? Supposedly it’s the drink of the summer or something.

Yeah, we make it with soda or lemonade but I prefer lemonade :slightly_smiling_face:

According to the Aperol bottle it’s 1 part Aperol, 1 part prosseco, and a dash of lemonade. But I ignore that as when I used those measurements before I was nearly on the floor :laughing:

I find it too bitter!

I’ve been meaning to make a limoncello spritz after seeing those in Sorrento, though. I love limoncello.

Ooh, not heard of that. Just looked it up - wine, right?

As in white wine with lemonade/soda? Yeah, quite common. I have them quite a bit when I’m out.

:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

Yeah. If you will come to my region (northern Italy), call it “PIRLO”.
C’est plus facile.

2 Likes

If you mean “prosecco” yes, we have it. Especially during appetizers is good.

Frosecco:

2 Likes

Brosecco however, is how they call it on the Jersey Shore! :raised_hands:

I’m not Italian, but the pinnacle of human invention was reached when Fernet was created. All went downhill after that.

1 Like

Which is why The Fernetz are my favorite Swedish band. Not those Clawfinger idiots. :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I bet all my belongings you are from South America :blush:

1 Like