The earworm thread in which I will be giving you earworms šŸ‘‚

No, it is a song from a well-known game. The tfff tufs are drum effects

An electronic drum machine?

Oh, I remember that. I know Upā€¦and downā€¦upā€¦and downā€¦

1 Like

:musical_note: Call on meeeeeeā€¦ :notes:

(This is one example where the original is much better than the remakeā€¦)

Taaaake ooooon meeeee (take. on. me.) :musical_note:

3 Likes

Aha!

Beep you Discourse.

4 Likes

Baaaaad to the bone (dun dun dun DUN dun) B-b-b-b-b-b-aaaaaad (dun dun dun DUN dun) B-b-b-b-b-b-AAAAAAAD (dun dun dun DUN dun) :musical_note:

1 Like

Oh, if only there had been Shazam in the 90s!

1 Like

Still hung up on that, are you?
Here let me help you out:
Itā€™s George Thorogood and the Destroyers. :slight_smile:

On the other hand if we had had Shazam back then, we wouldnā€™t have the same relief of discovering a song years later.
Plus imagine Shazam over a dial-in-connectionā€¦ by the time the modem beeps are done, so is the song!

Ohhh, now I can literally party like itĀ“s 1999! :star_struck:

I wouldnĀ“t want to miss my little adventure for a few seconds of a Shazam search. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You know those people who pay a lot of money to to get frozen and cryogenically preserved, hoping one day they could be defrosted and cured for their now-incurable illness?

It was 1995. I wasnā€™t affected by such an illness fortunately, but I was listening to my radio. It was a music broadcast without conduction. So the music was continuously streamed, without any announcement. I heard this song:

I found it beautiful, and I promptly pressed the REC button on my radio, which -yes- had a built-in tape recorder, in which I kept a blank tape.
I used to do that with nice songs which I wanted to know the author. Friends or other radio broadcasts came into my help for many other titles, but I never managed to discover the title of that song.

I kept that tape for many years.
In the first years of the new millennium, I burned all my CDs into MP3, and some of my tapes too (the rarest ones, the ones I couldnā€™t find in digital version).

I found the tape of that song, and I decided to make an MP3 out of it, just in case a new technology could help me one day.

It was maybe in 2008 when a friend of mine showed me his new iPhone 3Gā€¦
He had two interesting apps: in the first one, you could transform your phone in a glass of beer.
Nice, I thought. But not enough to retire my Nokia 3310 (even if it wasnā€™t good as my previous 3210) and spend an entire wage (at that time I earned EUR 900 per month) to buy a smartphone.
The second interesting app was Shazam. I was really impressed. Man, this is THE FUTURE!
In 2009 I got a good job with a good wage. In 2010, december my Nokia startetd to have some issues with the speaker. I decided it was time to discover the author of that song, and to make myself a Christmas present.
I bought an iPhone 4 (which I still use, btw) and Shazam was the first app I downloaded.

4 Likes

And, now that I think of it, maybe somebody can explain me what a ā€œFliewatĆ¼Ć¼tā€ is supposed to be.

That really made me smile :slight_smile: itā€™s almost a shame itā€™s so easy these days. I regularly try and name every song and artist that comes on the radio before itā€™s announced, because thatā€™s much more fun than being told.

2 Likes

And Shazamming you also keep track of what you hear, without having to try remember that freakin name, days later, the first time you step into a cassette and CDs storeā€¦

errrrrā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

ThereĀ“s gotta be a way we can make a game out of thatā€¦:thinking:

HELL YEAH!

I mean sure, whatever.

1 Like

So Hell/Devil/Satan stuff is okay? :thinking: :imp:

Guess so :thinking: thereā€™s a slight hole in my logic, dear Kreizler I mean Liza.

Though Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d use devil/satan like that regardless.

1 Like

A christian upbringing that has logic holes in it? Oh well I neverā€¦! :scream:

TBH I couldnĀ“t think of any common sayings that included those at the moment, so that may be a reason.

1 Like