The "I can't sleep" thread

Thanks @Someone, I’ll check that out :slightly_smiling_face:

I got to sleep eventually. I woke up on the sofa and slumped back to bed. Woke up a little bit later again but oh well, glad I switched my WFH days! My insomnia tends to come in cycles so hopefully that’s it for a while…

1 Like

In that case you maybe should consult a doctor? Anyway: It’s important not to panic. If you say to yourself “I have to sleep, I have to sleep, why can’t I sleep?” you make the situation even more worse. Let the pessimism insomnia win! :wink: As I pointed out above it’s important just to relax and calm down. And find a place where you feel comfortable. A relative of mine can sleep on the couch much deeper, better and faster than in her/his own bed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my case it worked, last night.

It doesn’t happen to me that much anymore – that was the first really rough one in a while. But I’ll keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ermagerd I’m so glad it’s bedtime.

I’m staying here for a while. So if you need someone to sing you a lullaby …

…ask someone else?

You don’t know my voice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Oh yes I do…

1 Like

(Damn. I really hoped that it won’t get public…)

1 Like

Aw fanks :slightly_smiling_face: thankfully I slept much better last night, phew!

2 Likes

Hello, insomnia, my old friend…
I’ve come to chat with you again,
Seeing visions at three a.m.
Are there others as wired as I am?
Needing the sound of silence.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Raises his hands who has read those lines while singing in his mind.

2 Likes

I’m at the gym. If this buggers up my sleep again I’m not going anymore!

1 Like

Hope not, otherwise I´d have to console you again.

1 Like

As long as you do it no later than, say, one hour before going to bed I don’t think it should?

Yeah it’s weird - I’ve been going in the morning. I end up really fidgety when I go to bed because my muscles just won’t relax. It’s not like cramp. Difficult to explain. I did make sure I warmed up this time though, which may help.

Have you asked a doctor about that, yet?

The muscle thing? It’s only happened a couple of times so I’m not resorting to that just yet.