The official travel thread

Since I made it a habit to not post online while at work and when I’m sleeping, I’m hopelessly behind with large parts of this forum anyway :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Yeah I was starting to think that might be best :+1:

Aww :slightly_smiling_face: I’ll definitely check in.

I’ll probably just post some stuff every now and then, and address any tagged stuff or PMs. And try and fill in the gaps when I’m back!

1 Like

Also just to clarify this time, including overnight flights that’s leaving 9 Sept, arriving home 21st.

1 Like

You´re back when you´re back.

1 Like

I spent two days in Genova, our first “tourism” vacation with children (before that, we only went to family-friendly hotels or parks) and it was nice, the daughters were happy, we were happy too. We went to the aquarium and other museums, but I was positively surprised with the “kids and teens city”, an educational and interactive museum for kids of all ages.

They have a shrink ray there. We’re gonna save lots of money in flight tickets now!

5 Likes

Amazing :smile: is it split screen or something?

My guess is forced perspective. The girl is actually far away in the backround.

5 Likes

Milan wins :smiley: the upper part of the chair is a couple of meters behind the legs. There was a sign telling where to look for the trick to work :slight_smile: that place is full of things like this, there’s also a room where the floor is tilted and the wall is inclined so that it looks “normal” from a point but in reality the left corner is farther away. Pretty cool. Only downside: adults can enter only if they have kids to bring :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

No problem, they don´t have to be my own. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Cool! The trick works perfectly here!

It reminds me of a small museum in Edinburgh called the Camera Obscura & World of Illusions. It has a room where a person standing in the right corner will look a lot taller than a person standing on the left.

(Speaking of which, I’m going to visit a friend in Edinburgh this weekend, so I won’t be around from Friday to Sunday eve.)

3 Likes

Share a few pics and have fun! :wave:

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

Have a nice weekend and share some … again was Milan faster. It’s unbelievable. How does he do this? Anyway: Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If only I had been this fast to catch the guy who stole my trashcan!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Aha, I should have known it was him! But where is his striped partner in crime?

grafik

1 Like

Or the Oregon Vortex.

Forced perspective was also used quite a bit in filming LoTR.

1 Like

Yep, it´s used a lot in movies actually.

(same wife, different child)

7 Likes

Is the whole room put together as some kind of trapezoid?

The floor is also tilted, the right side is higher (and the left side is taller). And of course all the paintings are skewed :smiley: pretty cool, but it was very difficult to convince my daughter to stand still for the pic :stuck_out_tongue: I’m surprised I managed to snap a decent one.

3 Likes