The official travel thread

They have the same type of room here. :nerd_face: I think it was at the Queens Hall of Science. I’ll have to dig through my old photos to see if I can find it.

We took the kids to Legoland Westchester this weekend. They gave my daughter a crown since it was her birthday. :slight_smile:

It was pretty fun. They have a 4D theatre where the audience gets wet and stuff.

6 Likes

Here’s some pics from my trip to Edinburgh last weekend.

Salisbury Craggs

Dean Village

The fountain in Prices Street Gardens

8 Likes

I like the reflection one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Edinburgh is also the Land of the Funny Signs.

9 Likes

Haha, that last one :joy:

We went to Edinburgh once and really liked it. We did a whisky tour (which was okay but I’m not a huge fan of whisky), and a really good ghost tour :ghost:

2 Likes

Looks like a lovely Scottish summer day :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’ve heard about those, and have been quite curious about them.
Also been curious about the Frankenstein Pub that my friend told me about that weekend… :hushed:

1 Like

Ooh, that sounds good. What’s the er… concept?

I looked up Ingoldstadt a while ago which isn´t far from me, they have a Frankenstein Tour (because the novel is set in Ingoldstadt) but they are all sold out for the entire year.

1 Like

I´ve been thinking that a trip to London in the future might be in the realm of the possible (the flight isn´t really that expensive).

I just have no idea about good hotels or places to stay. What would @tasse-tee have considered had it gone as far as booking for this year?

2 Likes

Looks lovely! (What’s a “cragg”?)

That bison sign reminds me that earlier today I absent-mindedly thought of of fungi puns.

I went out with a fungi, but it had no sense of humor.

3 Likes

Neither would I have, were I to point out the grammatically incorrect form of the subject of this sentence, right? :grimacing:

2 Likes

The link gives a better description than my sleepy brain can think of. There’s only one pic on that page, so it doesn’t reveal what the whole place looks like.

I’m afraid I’ve only stayed in London a few times, so I can’t recommend anywhere. I would have just had a look at booking.com.
hey Discourse I didn’t ask you to make that a link

1 Like

A crag is a steep rugged rock or cliff.
The plural with an extra g is a surname, which is probably why I spelled the above word wrong the first time.

3 Likes

Oh, my brain totally glazed over that being a link! Think my brain needs some bub-eyes too :sleeping:

2 Likes

More than me (once). And just look at what the place I stayed at looks like now!

grafik

6 Likes

After seeing your pics I would really like to take a trip to Britain! :smiley:

(But unfortunately I can’t in the near future :frowning: ).

Is it so? :slight_smile: I thought one can find such funny signs everywhere in Britain?

1 Like

Well, the bedrooms seem to have a good air condition now …

2 Likes

Just pretend it’s a business trip!

Not really, but I got that impression from the signs that I saw.

1 Like

Good idea! :wink:

1 Like