The official travel thread

It’s one of my multi-forms, yes! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Mêlée isl… ehm, the Garda lake
20190713_233201

4 Likes

And there we are. We have escaped an escape room! @Festarossa

3 Likes

I’m so sorry I mised that :frowning: well… next time come back to northern Italy when I’m not on vacation.

1 Like

I doubt it counts as travel if it’s only 10-15 minutes from home but we were in the vicinity and went by the chocolate store.

46 54 57

5 Likes

:star_struck: :chocolate_bar: :sauropod:

2 Likes

I just came back from two weeks in my wonderful Sardinia. This time we reserved a week for ourselves on a resort so we could finally enjoy the beach as it is intended.

Nice, huh?

And this is me with my daughters enjoying a good swim :smiley:

7 Likes

My wife wants to know where in Sardinia your beautiful pictures are from. It’s her favorite place in the world. She still talks about how good the food was there.

2 Likes

I was looking for some info to be more precise and it turns out it was technically my hometown, which happens to have a VERY LONG coastline.

I was in Geremeas, but you can find lots of beaches like that along the whole eastern half of the gulf, from Cagliari to Villasimius. Even after the gulf, on the eastern side, there’s Costa Rei which is lovely. On the western side you can find the best beaches after Pula (Nora, Chia) which is 30km west from Cagliari.

This is me with my sister in Nora.

My sister is the girl behind the unicorn, not the unicorn.

OK, now I want to go back on vacation :frowning:

5 Likes

It took me a while to understand that Nora isn’t your sister’s name.

3 Likes

Nora is actually what remains of her name. We call her Eleo, but her name is Eleonora.

Yeah, I remembered her name, that’s why I wrote. I thought Nora was her nickname, before I realized it was a place.

Or the unicorn is called Nora.
and what he meant to write was: “This is me with my sister Eleo on Nora” (say that out loud for the pun)

Me and @milanfahrnholz have just been on holiday to the Chiemsee in Germany. We had a really lovely time! We went round the lake on an electric boat, went swimming (not in the lake - the water was too cold!), visited an island with a palace built for Ludwig II of Bavaria, and just relaxed in the sunshine :relaxed:

Here’s some pics:

IMG_20190804_174940

67683736_165524351244077_7478197168017244160_o

67739379_2463145570390115_2753774249549234176_o

67700768_165524474577398_4427068932267966464_o

9 Likes

I’m really happy for you two! :hugs:

1 Like

Btw, do you speak English? German? Both? Denglish? :slight_smile:

Mostly English. Sometimes with a deutsches Wort or two mid-sentence. :grin:

1 Like

My daughter underwent a tonsillectomy two days ago. This was the view from her room in Lugano’s hospital.

This was the view from Zurich’s hospital when my daughter was born.

Forget your usual resorts, cruises or villages, Swiss hospitals are the new hottest travel destination!

5 Likes

I was born at home, great view there btw, but the view from the nearest hospital definitely isn’t horrible. I couldn’t find a picture from the hospital, so here’s a bird’s view pic.

Boo, hiss! :japanese_ogre:

Me too, in the hospital pictured above.

1 Like

OT

WOW! That’s beautiful, and quite unusual for a person of your (supposed) age.
BTW, how old are you?
In Italy I think 99% of the deliveries between the 60es and the early 00s were in hospital. Only recently some people do fancy and expensive home deliveries, but since WWII birth was normally given in hospitals (except for rural areas, maybe). My parents were born in 1944 and 1949, and both were born in hospital (my grandmother was taken to the hospital by a german ambulance, thanks to my grandfather who could speak a good german and gave the soldiers a fuel tank for the trip. My grandmother told me the german soldier who was in the back of the ambulance told her his wife was at term, too, and he didn’t know if he had become father yet).

1 Like
Official Thimbleweed Park Forums powered by Discourse.