The official travel thread

Oh wow, a lot going on here. It seems like seas and lakes are a common theme, but water is not my element.

At begin of August I was in Paris, on the tracks of a certain dysfunctional cut and thrust weapon.
But also with TWP in my baggage:

5 Likes

So, Ron Gilbert engaged you to be present in Monkey Island game, huh?
How much did he pay you?

2 Likes

No no, he must be a son of the three-headed-monkey. After 28 years the original 3HM would be much more grey.

4 Likes

Three-headed monkeys are actually a hairy species of turtle, known to live for over 150 years. They don’t really start their silvering process until about 120 years of age. Supposedly the Monkey Island three-headed monkey was only in their twenties in the late '80s. I suspect it was actually a fifty-something playing a twenty-something, but either way it’s still decades away from those dreaded silver strands of hair.

2 Likes

*posts a pic with a river behind him*

3 Likes

Yes, river. They have the advantage that bridges are much cheaper than when building them over lakes or seas.

Ron said something about Disney shares…

1 Like

…or would have much smaller pixels.

1 Like

:beach_umbrella::blue_car:

4 Likes
So, you are having fun?

3 Likes
1 Like

:blue_car::beach_umbrella:

1 Like

Oh yeeees! :smirk:

How was your trip? Do you have any pics to show us? :smiley:

1 Like

Relaxing. :smiley: We spend the first days at the beach swimming, sunbathing, reading and eating seafood. Then the weather changed and we did some sightseeing in the city.

Unfortunately there are relatives of mine on most of the pictures. But I’ll have a look if I can find one. :slight_smile: (I haven’t sorted them yet.)

2 Likes

You could pixelate their faces, or replace them with faces from LucasArts games :wink:

1 Like

Gasp! You wouldn’t! :scream:

2 Likes

My next trip is coming closer. We are going to Bari in October! Yay! Italy again!

3 Likes

Incitement to murder? :reyes: :memo:

2 Likes

I already made that joke. :sob:

2 Likes

Isn’t a joke getting better and better if you repeat it three times? :thinking:

2 Likes