The pronunciation thread

Not according to the dictionaries. They state explicitly that you can “tear out” (human) hair.

1 Like

I agree.

1 Like

‘You make me want to tear my hair out.’
‘I got my hair cut for the ball.’
‘I plucked my eyebrows.’
‘I shaved my legs.’
‘I trimmed my moustache.’

4 Likes

Don´t know how to explain it better, but it´s the “agressive form”. So if some women want to furiously tear their brows out for some reason let´s give it to them if it makes them feel better. :man_shrugging:

You should maybe add that you only do that when you leave most of it. If it comes clean off then you shave your moustache.

1 Like

@Someone This is what I was joking with earlier about women tearing out eyebrows in frustration.

But I don’t think there’s much precision to tearing. You probably just grab a random bunch and pull it out.

It’s the same with paper. If you tear/rip a page out of a book it’s probably all ragged. If you want to cleanly remove a page (or some hair), you don’t want to tear it.

Er, okay. For completion’s sake. ‘You make me want to tear my eyebrows out.’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Yes, good point.

1 Like

You might want to trim it before you shave it. :stuck_out_tongue:

My apologies, then @tasse-tee! I’m sure you are more than just physically attractive. (You are on this forum, so we have evidence). Your character and brains might even be your sole quality as far as we can tell and you might be ugl… ok and :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Reminder: record my different rolled R’s

1 Like

FNNNAAAARGHURGH!

1 Like

Has Doug been showing you how to dig yourself a hole? :joy: :wink:

Yes please :two_hearts:

1 Like

Don’t forget to roll the “R”…

1 Like

:rofl:

That’s the noise I make when someone quotes me making a typo, so I’m hoping I won’t need to do it too often.

1 Like

The same 2 basic phonemes as everyone or something special to boot?

They shaved your head and pulled out your eye lashes?

1 Like

Yep. Then I had to buy a wig and false eyebrows.
…and even now, nobody can tell the difference :shushing_face:

1 Like

Still, it couldn’t wait until you were back home. :wink:

1 Like

I can’t think of a German [edit: word] that describes anything without hurting the person! :wink:

I guess that’s why to tear out and tear(s) are the same word.

You need a new hobby!
:joy:

No, a new blog post about tears. :wink:

2 Likes