The pronunciation thread

My apartment has lots of echo and reverb, I don’t know why. That’s why I recorded all my Ransome lines in my car :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Now I imagine ghosts dressing in discarded Commedia dell’arte costumes…

That’s a common problem in huge castles. Or warehouses. (I know what I’m talking about.)

Seriously: You haven’t enough furniture in your room. I’m not kidding: The less stuff you have in your room(s) the more echos and reverb you have. A wooden floor or parquet does the rest. But you can simulate your car if you slip under a (wool) blanket with your microphone.

2 Likes

I have recorded all my Reyes lines under the blanket. Luckly, it was during winter…

4 Likes

I may have a bit time to record later, give me lines (as in the actual ones from the game) for a bavarian cursing ransome and I will try to make some.

3 Likes

Beeeeeeeeeeeep dich!

2 Likes

That’s what surprises me. My rooms should have enough furniture. Maybe the problem is the shape - we don’t have open shelves, since they gather too much dust, so even our furniture is flat. You know, Ikea Bestå style.

1 Like

So how are the odds for an undiscovered chasm that houses a centuries old underground death cult?

2 Likes

Just a quick answer, because I’m busy at the moment: Yes, the shape, the surfaces(!) and the space between the furnitures are also problems. Best thing would be a small closet full with bookshelfs and carpets. :wink:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t understand German.

3 Likes

I wish I could say the ever lamenting german was a sterotype. But it really is not.

3 Likes

I hope I didn’t offend or hit a sore subject. I just can’t resist making a KITH reference.

1 Like

Not at all. And I actually think it´s more of a theater/movie/literature thing than actual reality. Case in point the Netflix show Dark which was far too dire even for me.

2 Likes

Bück dich, befehl ich dir
wende dein Antlitz ab von mir
dein Gesicht ist mir egal
bück dich… nocheinmal

Edit: PS That’s just a quote. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, I assumed it was :wink:

Sounds like this (slightly better on the CD):

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face: I’m using that feature a lot as we speak! Prepare for Pieces of Me to be all over the forum when I’m catching up on Thursday.

3 Likes

*chainsawemoji*

4 Likes

You know two other people with the same name as you? What a coincidence!!
Can you tell the third Guga that I can’t get through his part without laughing, no matter how many times I hear it?? :grinning:

2 Likes

Verdammt, ich beep dich, ich beep dich nicht! :musical_note:

2 Likes